Gerbing Heated Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
Greeting all,

searched around a bit, and kind of mostly found what I was looking for, but would like any input the collective can offer. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of Gerbring G3 heated gloves https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/gerbing-g3-heated-gloves if I can get a smoking deal on Black Friday.

I am going with Gerbing as I already have a jacket and hard mounted dual zone heat controller.

Anybody have a set, and what do you think of 'em?

TIA,

Gregory

Last edited by a moderator:
My Gerbing gloves make it enjoyable to ride on days so cold that I'd have stayed at home without them. I've got heated grips as well, and they work well for days that are just too cool for my favorite lightweight gloves. But when the temps get down into the 30s or colder the Gerbings are great!

I bought a used set off a wing forum and they work really well. The problem I have is the fingers are to long and get in the way at times. If you have hands that fit normal gloves you will be good. I'm waiting for Gerbings to get back to me on how far the wires go so I can shorten the fingers up a bit.

fwiw, I have a pair and I like 'em. Not as bulky as other heated gloves I have, and the "palm" heat is nice for those of us (me) who don't have heated grips.

I really enjoy mine for warmth. I feel they are a bit bulky, but after reading other comments I may retract that now.

Thought I could rave about mine but it looks like Gerbing's revamped their line. I have a pair of T5s but not the hybrid one's I now see advertised. Mine are marked 9/10 as a manufacture date and fwiw I do like them a lot. Not as bulky as others I have tried and they heat up very well. I'd recommend them although I can't say how that helps you when compared to the G3s you asked about. Here's a no-help link to them on Revzilla.

Sounds like you've done some research but I'd also recommend the Warm & Safe's Ultimate Touring gloves for much less bulk and a better feel. Not quite as warm as the Gerbings but nice quality and good enough if it's not bitter out. These look suspiciously like the First Gear ones. You can also find a pair of liners fairly cheap too just to have another option.

They are great.. When temps are below 50 I always have them with me. When it the temps drop to 40 or so I turn them on. I love cold weather riding.

You will like them.

Smitty

I tried both the G3's and T5's and found the T5's much warmer ... and bulkier. I don't have grip heaters on my ST, and my hands get cold easily, so it was an easy choice for me to get the T5's. I ride into the teens with them on occasion, and have to turn them up quite a bit.

All of First Gear's heated clothing is made by Warm & Safe ... Just for info.

All of First Gear's heated clothing is made by Warm & Safe ... Just for info.
And they supposedly have the best warranty out there. One of these days when I'm no spending money on other stuff.
I don't want to hijack the thread but yeah, I've had good experiences with Warm & Safe gear, in and out of warranty.

I've heard a number of LD Riders have switched from Gerbings to Warm & Safe. When I priced a full set of gear W&S was quite a bit cheaper.

But before we get carried away dissing Gerbings, let's remember that both companies seem to make awesome gear, and both have a great reputation for standing by their products.

From what I can tell, the differences seem to be more about personal preferences than performance.

I've heard a number of LD Riders have switched from Gerbings to Warm & Safe. When I priced a full set of gear W&S was quite a bit cheaper.
But before we get carried away dissing Gerbings, let's remember that both companies seem to make awesome gear, and both have a great reputation for standing by their products.

From what I can tell, the differences seem to be more about personal preferences than performance.
You just made go reread the thread Twigg. Can't find anyone dissing Gerbing's, just some chatter about the differences between them. But again, the OP asked about the G3s so guess we should keep it to that.

You just made go reread the thread Twigg. Can't find anyone dissing Gerbing's, just some chatter about the differences between them. But again, the OP asked about the G3s so guess we should keep it to that.
That's why I used the word "before".

You didn't need to re-read, you hadn't missed anything but I've been around forums a long time, and these things can take an ugly turn very fast. Just thought it would help to write something supportive of both manufacturers.

Bought the Gerbing G3 gloves along w/ the jacket liner and dual controller about 4-5 years ago. Works great w/ no issues. Just returned from a trip out to Big Bend National Park and sometimes didn't even turn on the heat to the gloves - they are well insulated and are warm even w/o having the heat on. Very soft/supple leather and comfortable to wear.

I read recently the Mr. Gerbing had sold his company a few years ago d/t health issues but now he and his son are back in business under another name for their new products.

I have the T5 hybrids and love them. My fingers are slightly long for the girth of my hand, and these gloves seem to be custom fit for me. I literally said "Ahhh" when I first tried them on. The wrist strap is a little odd in that it does not double back around any buckle, so the tension on the velcro is more direct compared to most designs. These gloves are relatively expensive, but compared to another top brand that I have tried on, the quality seems to justify it.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate the info. I have a Gerbing jacket and have already hard mounted a dual zone heat controller to the '13. (probably should have included that in the op). Are you able to mix heated gear? I am looking at the G3's because they seem to have less bulk (no local dealers, so this will be bought online) and I already have factory grip warmers which are great, but I would like to keep the top of my hands warm too.

Greg

Latest posts