2014 FJR1300ES For Me!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Stephens

Reaction score
Well, pulled the trigger on the new FJR today. Put the deposit down on a new-in-crate 2014 ES. I'll be picking it up on Saturday and trailering her to her new home!

There will be 4-5 months of sitting on her every once in a while making vroom vroom sounds until the ice age here in Calgary retreats and we can get back out on the road.

My old 2009 FJR is going to a fantastic new owner ... My wife! She's taking possession of it to stand next to her current ride, an 09 VStrom 1000.

I'll post pictures of the pickup when I have them.

Ian

Congratulations! All the best to you, and your wife, enjoying those FJR's together.

Congrats and best of luck with the new ride. Waiting 4 or 5 months to ride it is going to suck..
cold.gif

Well, pulled the trigger on the new FJR today. Put the deposit down on a new-in-crate 2014 ES. I'll be picking it up on Saturday and trailering her to her new home!
There will be 4-5 months of sitting on her every once in a while making vroom vroom sounds until the ice age here in Calgary retreats and we can get back out on the road.

My old 2009 FJR is going to a fantastic new owner ... My wife! She's taking possession of it to stand next to her current ride, an 09 VStrom 1000.

I'll post pictures of the pickup when I have them.

Ian
I'm so envious of a you! A wife who rides - a FJR none the less. Congratulations! I'm trying to coax Lauren to even ride pillion on a motorcycle let alone ride one herself! All's not lost though - she is a huge sport's fan - so we manage - for now!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

I don't know about Canada, but in the UK we have to have our first service done at 600 miles (1000kM) or 4 weeks whichever comes earliest, which would affect warranty. You may want to check up on that ...

I'm so envious of a you! A wife who rides - a FJR none the less. Congratulations! I'm trying to coax Lauren to even ride pillion on a motorcycle let alone ride one herself! All's not lost though - she is a huge sport's fan - so we manage - for now!!
Yes I am very lucky - Louise actually started us riding in 2004. We've been on a number of multi-day trips together and commutes to work now on her 09 VStrom 1000 a fair number of days as well.

Congrats!
I don't know about Canada, but in the UK we have to have our first service done at 600 miles (1000kM) or 4 weeks whichever comes earliest, which would affect warranty. You may want to check up on that ...
I have a pretty good relationship with the sales guy and allowances have to be made for the weather here. It's always been 1000kms as far as I know. I've bought a number of new bikes and there's never been an issue with regards to first service. But thanks for pointing it out, I'll ease it into the conversation when I pick her up. There's no way I will rack up 10 kms before Dec 31, never mind 1000!

Winner winner, a wife that rides and two FJRs.
yes2.gif
Yup - see above - I am indeed a lucky guy. Now we both have an FJR1300 and VStrom 1000 - his and hers!

ian

I traded-in my 2009 FJR for a 2014 ES... you will love it. However, I did get the chance to put on 1700 kms. Still, winter will be a long one. Dang, I am looking forward to 2015. Enjoy !!!

Well since I'm coming off a 2009 FJR, which I totally love riding, I believe I'll love the 2014 just as much ...

Thanks for all the kind words folks!

I'll make sure to post up some pics ...

ian

Well, pulled the trigger on the new FJR today. There will be 4-5 months of sitting on her every once in a while making vroom vroom sounds until the ice age here in Calgary retreats and we can get back out on the road.
Congratulations #1! One of the reasons why I moved out of Calgary was because I wouldn't be able to ride year round. Don't know how you stand it. :)

Congratulations #2 is on having a wife that rides. It's a great feeling being able to ride together.

Congrats! And, to your wife also for receiving your '09!

Plenty of time to make it your own, let the farkling begin!