2015 Big Money Rally - Jan 1 thru May 23

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
The Big Money Rally (BMR) runs from January 1, 2015 through May 23, 2015. It is a nationwide event that does not involve riding a long way in a short period of time, but it encourages everyone to get out on their bikes to ride as often as possible and gives you a purpose and direction for that riding. It is grass roots, all-volunteer competitive tour that scores the event from scratch over a million times with real-time scoring and last year scored 20,000 submissions all in near-real time! They have everything from AMA hall of famers, veteran rally riders from all types of events, weekend warriors, and riders as young as 15!

The Bonus Pack is posted! Go to this link to see all the interesting places this rally could take you!

https://bigmoneyrally.com/2015/downloads/BonusPacks/2015Initial_141202revF01a.pdf

There's something there for everyone, it doesn't matter if you live North, South, East or West - this rally is throughout the US (and even some in Canada and New Zealand!). There is a ton of really fun stuff this year including a category that I toiled away at putting together ("Movie Themes"). Last year was my first time on the BMR. I found some new roads as well as some new favorite places to go and had a ton of fun and even learned some things along the way.

If you haven't ever done a rally and have been curious about it, this is a great one to try out since it runs from January 1 through May 23 so lots of time to get out and find those bonus spots! There will also be a second Bonus Pack sometime in the middle of the Rally (March or April) with another set of destinations. So, if you are up for a huge scavenger hunt, join in the fun! Hope to see a few of you out there!

2015%20BMR%20PressReleaseA01-X2.jpg

I think this one is shaping up to be the best one yet and they have all been fun. Besides I'm a bonus this year ;) MB013

I think this one is shaping up to be the best one yet and they have all been fun. Besides I'm a bonus this year
wink.png
MB013
That's disturbing and exciting all at the same time.

This year is the biggest BMR yet...and that's saying something! Nearly 4000 bonus locations to choose from and some ingenious themes as well as regional themes in various back yards.

I'm not a bonus myself....but I'm excited my Washington State Ferries theme is going to get a workout. FN001-FN025.

Anybody that has been on the fence about rallying....the $69.69 entry for this one is a bargain for an organized rally. And the scorers that do it in near-real-time make it a hoot. And snag 141 points...the button down shirt they give has to be worth at least $40 bucks itself.

I'm crunching waypoints as I type.

I think this one is shaping up to be the best one yet and they have all been fun. Besides I'm a bonus this year
wink.png
MB013
I would have to agree even though I've only done one so far... I was floored at the amount of bonuses this year and lots of cleverness to see if we're paying attention! ;)

I'll have to put you on my bonus list to find... stalk much??? :lol:

I'll pile on here as well. My third year and it is a great reason to jump on the bike and ride during the winter.

I haven't started processing the rally pack yet but I'm hoping someone with the initials MW will post his .gpx files
rolleyes.gif

Scott a bonus? Oh my! That's just not right!......... But its alright!
smile.png

Hmmmm, a moving bonus? Now that sounds like fun!

I have caught a few riders using their SPOT tracker. One in a Subway eating lunch as I recall.

That was during a BMR a few years ago. But a moving target would make it interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite finds from last year's rally in the Bridges category was Dinky Creek Bridge near Shaver Lake, CA. When I got there, it was so beautiful I took off my helmet and jacket and just sat there for awhile communing with nature and listening the rushing water under the bridge... it was magical. And then I thought, I gotta bring my friends here! So I tailored a 3-day ride around a picnic lunch at Dinky Creek Bridge as well as Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks.

10570514_682517988492469_6755606636934578139_n.jpg

10552465_682517795159155_2217502674380997428_n.jpg

10628384_682517885159146_1198107867187051757_n.jpg

And now it's one of their favorite places too! B)

10592894_682518058492462_6805423982656942228_n.jpg

I haven't started processing the rally pack yet but I'm hoping someone with the initials MW will post his .gpx files
rolleyes.gif
Pfft. It seems somebody with a bonus about them is hours or even days ahead of me. I'm still in spreadsheet mode to build a method to try and prioritize over the course of the rally. My .est comes later.

I have a 'dumb' phone and have been successful getting the pics to post. Granted I have no idea if it's a pass/fail until I look at the score later that night, but not a big deal.

Dang!

That took a lot of work to put together. Is there an entry fee?

It looks like fun!

(head spinning trying to put together various point gathering day rides...)

Dang!That took a lot of work to put together. Is there an entry fee?

It looks like fun!

Yes... registration fee is $69.69. :lol: It is a ton of fun... even though it's nationwide, you can easily hunt bonii in your own backyard. I did the majority of my hunting right here in NorCal and was able to finish with no problem. So I had a couple of firsts with last year's BMR... I finished my first rally aaannnnnddddd....

I visited my first whorehouse... actually six of them in one day! :D

10330433_10152415133870325_599979127125096374_n.jpg

Dang!That took a lot of work to put together. Is there an entry fee?

It looks like fun!

Yes... registration fee is $69.69.
laugh.png
It is a ton of fun... even though it's nationwide, you can easily hunt bonii in your own backyard. I did the majority of my hunting right here in NorCal and was able to finish with no problem. So I had a couple of firsts with last year's BMR... I finished my first rally aaannnnnddddd....

I visited my first whorehouse... actually six of them in one day!
biggrin.png

10330433_10152415133870325_599979127125096374_n.jpg
This is so tempting! :)

And

I've been grounded till this is over. :(