Quotes from Tom Magliozzi:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score

“It's only a car.”

"Do it while you're young. You may never have another chance to do anything this stupid again!"

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations"

“How do you know if you've got a good mechanic? By the size of his boat.”

"If money can fix it, it's not a problem."

“Our Humility is what makes us great.”

“Reality often astonishes theory.”

"Life is too short to own a German car.”

“Kids: get away from the cell phones, get away from the computers, and mail someone a fish before it’s too late.”

“Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis” - “Unencumbered by the thought process.” Tom’s self-proclaimed motto.

“Never let the facts stand in the way of a good answer”

"Some guy I met said it's amazing how we use cars on our show as an excuse to discuss everything in the world—energy, psychology, behavior, love, money, economics and finance. The cars themselves are boring as hell."

“It is better to travel in hope than arrive in despair.”

"If it falls off, it doesn't matter.”

"I like to drive with the windows open. I mean, before you know it, you're going to spend plenty of time sealed up in a box anyway, right?”

Those are great! My fav; "Life's too short to own a German car." (My wife drives a I-hate-it-but-I-love-it BMW)

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite came from one of my instructors in college... First he wouldn't buy a car without a 100,000 miles on it....

His favorite saying was.... "If it will run around the block, it will run around the country cus' it don't know where it's going"

Those are great! My fav; "Life's too short to own a German car." (My wife drives a I-hate-it-but-I-love-it BMW)
Then you and I have at least two things in common. Mrs. Redfish is in love with her 328i and fully believes her next car will also be a BMW. I don't know if I am strong enough to make her change her mind.

I will say that the driving experience of the BMW is truly wonderful. When it is running...

Oh, and I just got rid of a wonderful '04 ST1300 to get my '15 FJR.

My German car is a 2001 Audi TT-225 convertible. 108,000 miles and still going like a bat outta hell. My daughters-in-law call it "The Deathmobile" because almost every part on it rattles.

..........................................................................................................................

Never figured out if Tom was Click or Clack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff.

“It's only a car.”

"Do it while you're young. You may never have another chance to do anything this stupid again!"

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations"

“How do you know if you've got a good mechanic? By the size of his boat.”

"If money can fix it, it's not a problem."

“Our Humility is what makes us great.”

“Reality often astonishes theory.”

"Life is too short to own a German car.”

“Kids: get away from the cell phones, get away from the computers, and mail someone a fish before it’s too late.”

“Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis” - “Unencumbered by the thought process.” Tom’s self-proclaimed motto.

“Never let the facts stand in the way of a good answer”

"Some guy I met said it's amazing how we use cars on our show as an excuse to discuss everything in the world—energy, psychology, behavior, love, money, economics and finance. The cars themselves are boring as hell."

“It is better to travel in hope than arrive in despair.”

"If it falls off, it doesn't matter.”

"I like to drive with the windows open. I mean, before you know it, you're going to spend plenty of time sealed up in a box anyway, right?”