2015 FJR impressions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wemi

Reaction score
Anybody out there have one yet?

I have had my 2015ES since 13 November and so far have put close to 1600 miles on it. One longer trip into the SOCAL high desert and the rest just around the back country of north Los Angeles.

I have put all known ( to me! and considered somewhat important) farkles on it. Started with dual Corbin heated seats in black bombardier leather, a 21in dark tinted Cee Bailey windshield. Powerlet Din outlet for battery charging and heated gear, carbon fender extender, dual PIAA horns, no relay required, left side exhaust shield, canyon cages and pannier bars from MC Enterprises. Tech Spec Tank pads, under the seat switched, fused power block from Touratech, Hyperlite 32 LED additional flashing/steady brake lighting, debadged everything except the tank emblem, the Yamaha OEM top box mount for,later addition of a OEM box! once Yam decided weather they are going to paint any in liquid graphite.

There have been no issues to report of any kind.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no one here has a 2015 yet...
smile.png

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/160974-wrecked-the-15-already/

No, no one here has a 2015 yet... :) https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/160974-wrecked-the-15-already/
Read your post. Bummer, but from what you say it's fixable,parts for the 15s are readily available here in LA.

Hope to see you back on the road soon,,,

In SOCAL the riding season is still on... If all else fails come on out and we'll host you!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery..

Read your post. Bummer, but from what you say it's fixable,parts for the 15s are readily available here in LA.

In SOCAL the riding season is still on... If all else fails come on out and we'll host you!

Thanks. The bike is at the dealership now, hopefully I will get it back next week. I have been riding it to work almost every night anyway, only damage is cosmetic. I am actually feeling pretty good all things considered.

It is a great bike, a huge leap forward in refinement over the Gen2 FJR and a huge leap ahead of the Honda ST1300 that I traded for it. I already have the Cee Bailey Sport in dark gray tint and a Laam Custom Seat installed. The T-Rex frame sliders, the GenMar bar risers, the WynPro RamBone, and the WynPro Big Foot are all waiting at the house for the bike to return. I am sad to say that the repair costs are eating into my accessory purchasing.

Thanks. The bike is at the dealership now, hopefully I will get it back next week. I have been riding it to work almost every night anyway, only damage is cosmetic. I am actually feeling pretty good all things considered.

It is a great bike, a huge leap forward in refinement over the Gen2 FJR and a huge leap ahead of the Honda ST1300 that I traded for it. I already have the Cee Bailey Sport in dark gray tint and a Laam Custom Seat installed. The T-Rex frame sliders, the GenMar bar risers, the WynPro RamBone, and the WynPro Big Foot are all waiting at the house for the bike to return. I am sad to say that the repair costs are eating into my accessory purchasing.
Redfish - Laam seems to be a great alternative to RDL. Let us know how it works out.

Well I have had the 2015 for right about or just before RFH got his, but weather around here has limited my ability to get on it and ride all that much... I knew I would be in for a long winter staring at her but installing winter farkles was the reason for jumping in so soon.... Wanted a Gen3 since the 13 came out, but held off, when the 14 Red with ES came out, I took one for a ride, but just couldn't lock in on the color... as soon as the 15 Graphite was announced - I pounced....

My dealer got me a more then fantastic deal but offered me very little on my 05, so she sits until spring while I transfer stuff over to the new one....

I've had a good few days to get some moderately decent weather to take the ES out and get better acquainted with it. 45-50* around here at best.... Poking around town with Tour Mode is nice for less snappy throttle, Still dialing in my combo for suspension and tire pressures, which will be easier with warmer weather. So far all the new features of the Gen3 are to me worth every penny I didn't save on getting a 14, so I didn't mind not getting a screaming deal that others have found on a last years unit.

ES, Sport / Touring mode, Heated Grips, Smoother Throttle, Less Vibes, Digital Data with outside temps + much more all at the flick of a switch.

Before I even took delivery I had the bulk of my farkles waiting in the garage since I pretty much already knew how I liked my baby set up.

Throttlemeister - more for the weight, look, and occasional right hand cruise.

Canyon Cages – front and rear

Highway pegs - mounted on CC

Erik's Sliders for Canyon Cages

MV Motorad Bar Risers

Grip Buddies

Cee Baileys Windshield 21" light tint reverse flip

Helmet lock brackets

Pair Plates

BigFoot Kickstand pad

Motech Mirror Extenders with LED Rider LR4's mounted to them.

Carbon Fiber Fender Ext

Laam Seats

New clutch / brake levers

FuzeBlock

Xgrip mounted to MV Motorrad

Leo Vince Carbon Fiber Ovals - still need to move over

Radiator Guard

Piaa Dual Horns

Tourtech Luggage Rack

More to come

No RAGRETS on a Gen 3 Model

IMG_20141226_122038_zpsavj5airc.jpg

Pics?

--G
will attempt to load. May take a while..but got a bunch...
I have looked at how to post pics to this forum. Must say it seems to be way to complicated for my simple mind. And I dont understand it either after I read the instructions in the forum how to software section...Sorry. But some people seem to have broken the code and I have seen some nice pics here. I must say that the BMW forum has no problems uploading pis directly and I have done that for years.

Yeah you need a photo hosting site...

I use photobucket, upload the pics there..... then after uploading they provide a "Direct Link" to the pictures, you just copy the link and paste it in the attach picture box here on the forum....

Its safer for the forum to have a link to the pic instead of the potential for uploading possible malware or viruses....

There are lots of hosting sites if that one is not for you...

Nice looking '15 Warpdrv!

Spot on for posting pics...kind of a PITA but I use photobucket as well. Once you get the hang of it, pics go pretty well and are easily uploaded to the site. I have mine set to auto-resize to 640 X 480 on upload, so no more messing around to post.

--G

Nice looking '15 Warpdrv!
Spot on for posting pics...kind of a PITA but I use photobucket as well. Once you get the hang of it, pics go pretty well and are easily uploaded to the site. I have mine set to auto-resize to 640 X 480 on upload, so no more messing around to post.

--G
Thanks for the encouragement. I will give it a try soon and see if I can overcome!

Recently added a BMW Nav IV bracket with center stem from Techmount to allow use of my Nav gear from my BMW. works like a charm. Can now use the Bluetooth function in the Nav and my Schuberth helmet for music, telephone and navigation. The Beemer Nav also provides some additional functions like altimeter, highest attained speed, instant GPS true speed, etc. all this with the comprehensive on board info available already makes for a very nice all around package. My plus is that I can use the same Nav unit on all three of my bikes ( my 2003 FJR is stored in Germany to provide a vehicle for my European trips) and once I have planned a route I can use it anywhere. If I want I can also have the pillion passenger hooked into intercom communication thru her own Schuberth helmet with separate music and separate telephone for her. The helmets MUST be outfitted with the BMW communication system. That makes for expensive $1200 dollar helmets each, but since I can use them on three bikes it kind of justifies the expense.

The ongoing saga!!

That makes for expensive $1200 dollar helmets each, but since I can use them on three bikes it kind of justifies the expense.
The ongoing saga!!
Wowsers bro..... thats alot of farkle money there......

I wish I didn't work so much or I'd probably be logging in alot more miles....... :(

That makes for expensive $1200 dollar helmets each, but since I can use them on three bikes it kind of justifies the expense.The ongoing saga!!
Wowsers bro..... thats alot of farkle money there......

I wish I didn't work so much or I'd probably be logging in alot more miles....... :(
Unfortunately you are absolutely correct. Bike ownership is a ridiculously expensive hobby if done seriously. That unfortunate fact is the reason that the average age of bikers is going up every year and most of the expensive hardware is driven by the grey beards. The younger generation cannot afford the equipment and is busy killing itself in cheap overpowered death traps. I belong to GWRRA and BOA and some others and the sad thing to see is how few young people join these organizations due to lack of funds.

Wemi, You must have blown a paycheck on all those farkles? You need to add some aux driving lights to your ride. Where did you get a left side exhaust heat shield?