New FJR 1300A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndivita

Reaction score
I notice on the left side engine case what appears to be a threaded hole. I vaguely recall something like this on my 2005 FJR, and always wondered what it is. I assume it is supposed to be like this but it sure looks like something is meant to screw into it for some purpose otherwise why would it be or at least appear to be threaded.

And yes, I did a search on the forum to find out the answer to my question but either it has not been discussed (doubtful) or I did an inaccurate search (more likely).

I know there is a simple answer I just don't know what it is and I don't have a service manual. I did a Google search to no avail but I will keep looking.

Here is a picture to help put the question in focus. Again, if this is a silly question, please forgive me in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1TX6pxLaFEiWG1QZ3NUVzc3WjA/view?usp=sharing

I vaguely recall something like this on my 2005 FJR, and always wondered what it is. I assume it is supposed to be like this but it sure looks like something is meant to screw into it for some purpose otherwise why would it be or at least appear to be threaded.
Not on either of my 2005s.

Assuming it's on your '14. If so, maybe it's a boss for AE components....which are still available in some other world markets.

You might try to PM MCatrophy. He has a 2014 in the UK with the electric clutch. He will be able to look at his bike and tell us if anything for that system actually bolts there. He will probably even have pics of it.

I think the guys above are correct. I can't see the actual threaded boss and thread, it is hidden by some of the gear change mechanism (which I'm not anxious to take off
no.gif
), looky here:

(Click on image for larger view)
General view Blow-up

Last edited by a moderator:
That might be worth it. Do you happen to know the diameter and thread dimensions? Or I was thinking some kind of black rubber or plastic plug.it is kind of trivial, but for some reason it bothers me. I know it shouldn't.

Being an ex mechanic I can only assume that's used to connect a strap used in hoisting the engine when removing from the frame there's probably another one diagonally across from it.???

Can't accuse me of not riding enough. My 2007 has 66Kmi. And I just noticed that hole because I was putzing with the shift mechanism (cleaning actually)
smile.png

Slardy