2015 MoonShine Lunch Run (merged)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airboss

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
We will be there! I gotta have me some of those moonburgers.
Yeaha, Moonburgers.

DSC09424-X2.jpg

and the Sweet Roll Lady.

DSC09420-X2.jpg

One of the best things about this event is the people. The folks you come with and the folks you meet. The event is getting really huge so I advise anyone who is riding a good distance is to make their reservations at the local hotels now.

In. Stagecoach was interesting; have wanted to do this for a couple of years, and even more motivated now.

I hear it's cold in Illinois in April, but I should be able to find some Big Money Rally bonii to offset my discomfort.

Moonshine is about 35 miles from my house, I have never been, but will be happy to help with weather Intel and anything else.

Boy Karl, you are on the ball
punk.gif
The only thing before anyone ask`s the signup info for the SS1K has yet to be implemented into the web site. I would guess next week? Sorry `bout that.
lazy.gif

Boy Karl, you are on the ball
punk.gif
The only thing before anyone ask`s the signup info for the SS1K has yet to be implemented into the web site. I would guess next week? Sorry `bout that.
lazy.gif

Went there and saw last years info was still up.

Just figured some people would rather ride than work.
grin.gif

We make it - most years. But, it's only a couple hundred miles from here.

It the weather is even half-way decent then GET THERE EARLY !!!

Bigger and bigger each year.

One year we stood in line in 30 mph winds and temps in the high 30's to low 40's with spitting rain - for an hour.

You can go later in the year - they ARE open on the weekends but I think the grill closes around noon.

<clipped>
You can go later in the year - they ARE open on the weekends but I think the grill closes around noon.
Go later in the year? What's the point in that? Not going for the burgers; we already got burgers around here.

Moonshine registration page has been up since Jan 1, Seems a little slow this year only got sign ups from 28 states and 1 Canadian province so far.
rolleyes.gif

I just reserved a room at the Casey Day's Inn, there are about 3 rooms left total! Over 500 riders registered already too.

I just reserved a room at the Casey Day's Inn, there are about 3 rooms left total! Over 500 riders registered already too.
Days Inn fills up early, Surprised they still have rooms this late.

I like the Greenup Inn in Greenup, IL. 8 mile down the road. Old style strip motel, park in front of your room.

We used to stay at the Lincoln Suites but you can hear your neighbors fart through the walls so we thought we would go for the Day's Inn this year.