Tinted Handguards (In a Very Cheap Price!)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihalis fjr

Reaction score
I Just saw these Handguards in a fb photo.He bought them from ebay.

I don't know anything about the quality and installation,but they look nice in a very cheap price!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281499960581

10431508_10203292250853043_3177980848427214230_n_zps0c221e6b.jpg

10906581_10203292250693039_1972189032278433598_n_zps34f5143f.jpg

They do look nice. It looks like they require a mirror mount hole on both sides, so you would need to drill and tap the right side if you haven't already done so.

Nice, they look good. The bike looks even better. For some reason I just knew you would have a very clean, good looking ride. :)

Just ordered a set. I will report on how well they work out. Best find of the year goes to Mihalis fjr. Wooooooo Hoooooooo!!!

Thanks Dave

They look good. Looks like you'd have to remove the Throttlemeister though.
That is my concern too. Also, just how well they work as "end-weights" is not known. I'd happily remove the TM when I fit cruise control, but I would still like decent end=weights in the bars.

How do ya order them in a different color? The website says to do so, ya need to "contact us." But how to do so is rather illusive. Any suggestions?

Gary

darksider #44

These look nice and the price is right. My only concern is with the material - transparent ABS plastic is fairly brittle and tends to break with jagged edges. I don't know whether this would be an issue on a street bike where you are mostly looking for weather protection. I don't think I would want to use them on a dirt bike (or dual sport) where you are more likely needing protection from a physical hit (branches or drop). Looks like a good way to sustain potential serious lacerations. Soft opaque ABS, PVC, polyethylene and polypropylene are safer in these situations.