2013 and 2014 body replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbjamn

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

This summer i got wiped out on my 2013. Cager ran through a roundabout and knocked me over. I'm going to have to replace whole front clip, right and left side front sides and repair both rear bags. Since i have to do such extensive replacements, I'm considering changing the color to the '14 red....does anyone know if ALL the panels are interchangable? As long as i have to get them from the dealer anyways..kind of like the red better then gray/yellow. Thanks in advance.

I don't think anybody has actually changed all '13 to '14 or back, but they should be interchangeable....like Gen 1 was interchangeable with Gen 1......and Gen 2 was interchangeable with Gen 2. The bags are interchangeable in all years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, thanks. I figured as long as i stuck with A and A and not ES, I'd probably be ok, but before i spend that type of cash, I'd ask the "Throbbing Brain" that is this board.

Also a REALLY good time to install air horn, power block, LED lights, etc. Thanks again

as long as i stuck with A and A and not ES, I'd probably be ok,
I don't think A or ES would change panels either....just like in non-ABS & ABS in Gen 1.....or A or AE in Gen 2. And all the bags are interchangeable regardless of non-ABS, ABS, AE, or ES across the generations.

I wanted the Gen 3 so bad...but the red is flat out SAWEET looking. I was looking for a reason to trade this in on a '14, now the insurance is going to be helping quite a bit. I'm hoping since the red is faster maybe it'll reset the cruise from 80 {Really Mama Yama?} to 100....

I'll probably end up painting it. I'll fix the roadrash on both bags then repaint tank, bags, tailpiece, and a few bits here and there. I also plan on changing to some FZ mirrors. At least thats plan A.

Look in the parts book for years you need and check their part number if the same should interchange
Not exactly. Because they're different colors...they have different part numbers.

It may be the part numbers are only slightly different and one could infer that portion of the part number relates to color.

For example, the 2013 nose is 1MC-2835G-00-P2 and the 2014 nose is 1MC-2835G-00-P3. The last digit is probably related to color only and interchangeable for fit.

as long as i stuck with A and A and not ES, I'd probably be ok,
I don't think A or ES would change panels either....just like in non-ABS & ABS in Gen 1.....or A or AE in Gen 2. And all the bags are interchangeable regardless of non-ABS, ABS, AE, or ES across the generations.
Front mudguard (fender) differs between ES and A.