APOCALYPSE: Warchild BMW Insanity

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
I've been lusting after the S1000R's since their introduction. But.... me in the Beemer-world?
weirdsmiley.gif
How would that work, exactly?

We're gonna find out....

S1000R_2015A.jpg

The 2015 BMW S1000R.... 160hp @ 11,000RPM, 83-ft-lb torque @ 9,280RPM, power-to-weight ratio of 2.85 pounds per bhp... can Dan Denchel of Desert Valley Powersports hook me up with one, now that he has added BMW to his Yamaha and Suzuki dealership line?

Hell-fuck-yes, he can!
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif

DanPickup.png

Sadly, it's nasty rain/borderline snow when I come to pick it up, so bulky-ass layering-up in required.... it's not like there is anything resembling wind protection on a Streetfighter platform...
weirdsmiley.gif

pickup.png

Don't be H8ting my Beemer!

Fu.png

A rather brisk ride home in the wet, at 32 degrees... trust me, ain't a whole lot of leaning going on this morning, not on a new, untried bike. I set it in "Rain" power-mode before even leaving the dealership, ran that way all 25 miles home....

Driveway.png

Rode hard, put away wet, just like a Streetfighter bike should be!
weirdsmiley.gif

puttingaway.png

Waiting for a better day to put this Bad Boy to any serious test...
punk.gif

InGarage.png

Before all y'all jump me for defiling my garage with Teutonic machinery, let's us first note that this BMW does not have a final drive!
punk.gif

A Yamaha-BMW-Suzuki stable... what could go wrong?
weirdsmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to enter a track day or two to explore the limits...the tough decision is what track to choose first???

Reminiscent of your R1 days, can we expect regular updates on the collection of performance awards as it grows?
laugh.png

Because it was borderline snow/rain the entire way home, I didn't receive a citation on the initial 25-mile ride.

So, I am ahead of the R1 right there.
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You're gonna poke yer eye out with that thing!
Maybe. What is scary is that the S1000 R has just a pinch less horsepower of the Hayabusa, but weighs considerably less.

I didn't get much sense of the bike's raw power yet, just from riding it home in the rain/snow for 25 miles in "Rain" mode. Real assessment isn't really prudent until I get decently dry/warm conditions.

Which might be a while, here in the dead of PacNorWest winter. :(

Nice! You going to get lots o miles out of the front tire as I suspect it's going to be doing a fair amount air time!

If I was to go back to a inline four that's the bike at the top of the list.

Fairlaner actually let me take a short spin on his S1000R. It is a beast! Unbelievable the technology on that thing. All kinds of fun and drivers license peril! Congrats Dale! Enjoy.

We only live once, sweet looking and begging for a warm day of flogging. Subscribed for the BMW experience ala Warchild.