Duchess goes to: Valley of Fire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusorelius

Reaction score
A great weather forecast was all we needed to head for Nv & the valley of fire!. Our buds Ken & Frank came over saturday morning and we preceded to a local Mex resturant to meet our zonie brother Beemerdon who was on his way to Pahrump & a death valley ride.

Don's Son Seth was armed with a new camera & wanted to hang out for a while in kingman & take some pics of murals & the steam train in the park. Being Ken had to ride back to kingman before dark we hit the road.

Our friend Frank dropped out at Dolan Springs as planned as he was breaking in a motor on his bike. Duchess, Ken & I rode to redstone dunes trailhead at lake mead. We had some snacks ( duchess had bicuits & beef treats) & said adios to Ken as it was time for him to head back as he had to work the next day.

So now it was just the Duchess & I , we went for a hike for an hour then headed 27 more miles to Overton for the nite. ( to be continuted...)

Here's the Part 1 video.

We arrived in Overton at 5pm, I booked an old 50's style motel (based on a review of a motorcylist who said it was old but clean) it was deserted & the no vacancy sign was on and no one in the office. Damn was there some emergency and they closed it?

Minor panic set in (50 miles back to vegas, and it's getting cold & tired with no real cold weather gear) then I saw a note on the door,"if you have a reservation call this #,"what the hell?) Called the # and a woman said she will be right over. She drove up in 5 min & I said ya got a room? she said yes & I was relieved!

Anyway it was as the biker said old but clean. The bizzare thing was the no vacancy sign was on all nite, and only about 2 other rooms were occupied (never saw anyone though) The good thing was it was quiet! A McD's was down the block(fillet O'fish fer dinner) and I picked up a sandwich at a store next to it in the morning.

We headed for the Valley of fire sunday morning which was only about 12 miles away. The Duchess lost her "lucky" cameo bandana which said bonehead on it, on this ride. That bandana was worn by Duke also and had traveled thousands & thousands of miles. I always put it on the dogs as a signal they were going on the bike. No worries though I I bought 2 way back when.

We went up to the end road at VOF and went for a hike on the white domes loop trail which I highly recommend!

(to be conntinued...) Here's Part 2 Video

After our vigorous hike at white domes we got back on the bike & went down to Fire canyon, then a stop at Rainbow vista. Went for a short walk here & some peeps were walk'n a blind husky dog who was enjoying the walk but very slowly. ( u can see him in the vid).

After which we rode down to Mouse's tank trail where most of the tourist were, and enjoyed our lunch at the picnic area (boy did that roast beef sandwich taste good after the morning hike, Duchess enjoyed her snack also)

Then we were ready for another walk & went down the mouses's tank trail ( gladly it was more level).

We then exited the main park & went a few miles to check out the campground area. After which we rode home, we were tired but had a great time!

Here's the EPIC Part 3 Video (a lot of work went into this one!)

punk.gif