2015-01-17 Road to Jalama Beach

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
2015-01-17 Road to Jalama

Not many words for this RR. Kinda out of time..

These two were interesting. High school buds from long ago. One an exec, the other an electrician . Both with common intererst of riding. John and Todd. John got me interersted in the B2V trail ride. Maybe time to get the ATK seriously ready for a run..

Sorry to bore you with this drivel, but Old Michael quit, OrangevaleFJR the same (for different reasons), RedFish hunter be working all the time, the Eastern and Northern boyz n' galz be froZen, so deal with it. Oh, by the way, it was 81F and I was too hot to really enjoy the ride..

:fuck:

Hugs n' Kisses

Blue sky, green hills, ocean, comfortable temps...what more could you ask for ?

Thanks for the ride-along Don.

--G

I think I could winter there, looked like a great day down. Glad you decided to pick up the torch Don.

I may be freezing but it was time for a two wheel fix. Woke up the wing from it's winter sleep and rode to bend to have lunch with my daughter. It was 28 when I left and 43 when I got home. Gerbings gear is good shit. Couple slipery spots in the shadows but otherwise dry. Supposed to be getting freezing fog the rest of the week but maybe the weekend will offer a chance.

Jalama beach is good fun. The road isn't the best but the country is nice and the food wasn't bad.

Very Good Stuff, thanks for sharing. I can relate to that high temp thing, it was 69F for my ride in to work tonight and will probably be 44 for my ride home in the morning. I will be sweating!

I am still riding Scar almost every night, a little over 8 miles one way. As the days are getting slightly longer here I get to see some of my surroundings on the way in to work. It is pitch dark for the ride home. At least they are paying me for my time, maybe I will save enough to take a ride or two this summer.

Don,

Whatever camera you took those photos with is broken. The green tint on all those hills has to be overexposed or something. Everything outside is just a variant shade of brown, gray, or white.

Great pics and good on you for getting a ride in vented gear!! Thanks for taking us along on the quickie.

2015-01-17 Road to Jalama

Looks like the swell was arounf 4 to 5'. Swell frequency 9 to 10 seconds from peak to peak. Mild off shore wind 10 to 15 knots. High pressure with clear skies. Good day for a ride but not for launching a kayak. You took a road less traveled by Senor~

Now that is a destination I have totally forgotten about.

Thanks for rejuvenating some dormant brain cells.

Got to ride out that way for the Gathering of the Clans last year... awesome burgers out that way too!!
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ride report! I can't believe all the green, holy cow. Must be nice to be able to ride at this time of the year. Must be nice to have those pretty places to ride to.

Got to ride out that way for the Gathering of the Clans last year... awesome burgers out that way too!! :punk:
That was a good day even though Andy got lost a few times. I still have the picture of you trying to snatch that girls baby.:) :) :)

Don - you sir live in a nice playground. I'm envious.

I recognize the ST1100/1300 in the last photograph. What's the Honda in the middle?

'Pants I know the lead bike in the last photo is an ST1300 with either Staintune or Delkevic pipes. I think the red bike in the middle is an ST1100 without the side cases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts