Setting the Record Straight about Deflate-gate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smile.png

deflate-gate-patriots-colts-memes-12.jpg

deflate-gate-patriots-colts-memes-5.jpg

the-internet-reacts-to-the-patriots-deflate-gate-scandal-15-photos-2.jpg

deflate-gate-patriots-colts-memes-9.jpg

the-internet-reacts-to-the-patriots-deflate-gate-scandal-15-photos-4.jpg

the-internet-reacts-to-the-patriots-deflate-gate-scandal-15-photos-9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The more crap reports I see or read on this "major scandal" the funnier and more ludicrous it gets.

Now the Ravens are trying to (incomprehensibly) claim that the evil Patriots deflated their kicking balls in their loss the week prior. If they actually knew the rules of the game that they make too much money at, they would know that the same kicking balls are used by both teams, that they are brand new balls, and the officials maintain control of those balls throughout. Furthermore, game stats showed they actually had a banner kicking game, and averaged better than normal for distance during their loss. Nice try Better luck next year.

It gets pretty pathetic when all of the losers start groveling for excuses.

But I think that I have figured this whole deflation gate thing out... how those nefarious "always cheating" Patriots could deflate the balls quite easily without getting caught. It's quite simple actually, though ingenious.

The Patriots simply inflated their 12 game balls, the ones that only they would later use when they were on offense, with helium gas. The rules stipulate the balls must be inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 psi, and the pressure is checked 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to he game. But they do not say what gas you need to inflate them with. Helium is lighter than air, so Brady's passes would be high flyers. And being the smallest gaseous molecules, the gas will leak out of a rubber bladder inside of a football at an accelerated rate. So in the 2 hours before game time, and the two hours before half time, the balls would deflate to the sub 12.5 lb level, perfect for decimating the Colts.

Did you expect anything less inventive from the evil Dr Belichick?

I'm also investigating the possibility that Vincent Wilfork is inflated with helium gas, and that is why he is able to be so huge but still move around so darned quickly and man handle his equally behemoth competitors.

Man... there really is a lot of good hard science in this football game.
laugh.png

I am not a fan of the Pats, so I am certain that had the balls been properly inflated the Colts would have won the game by 38 points; absolutely, without question.

Problem is I dislike the SeaPharts nearly as much as New England. So now all I can do is hope the Super Bowl is canceled so they can just show eight hours of commercials.

I am not a fan of the Pats, so I am certain that had the balls been properly inflated the Colts would have won the game by 38 points; absolutely, without question.
Problem is I dislike the SeaPharts nearly as much as New England. So now all I can do is hope the Super Bowl is canceled so they can just show eight hours of commercials.
Yep. Funny how the Pats destroyed them in the second half with the 'proper inflation' balls. I guess they're dumb, they should have used the hard ones from the start, would have been 56-7. And how's all those illegal PED's working for the Seahawk players these days (though I'm a Russell Wilson fan). ALL NFL teams cheat (or, ahem...bend the rules) somehow, some work harder at it. I do like Fred's helium theory (is that why Wilfork's voice is funny right after the game?).
sleep.png

Let's see...

1st half of game with deflated balls 17-7 Pats

---Oh shit, these balls are 2psi under spec. Bring them back up to regulation---

2nd half of game: 28-0 Pats.

Looks like those deflated balls weren't helping the Patriots any. The Colts should simply put their tails between their legs and shut up. Thy should be ashamed of being thundered 45-7 in a playoff game.

I got $10 that during inspection, the gauge they used to spec the balls was off. Hell, if the Colts hadn't found the low pressure balls, the game might have been 34-14. Much more respectable, but still a loss.

BS like this is why I don't normally watch football. Bunch of uneducated, whining, overpaid babies...Now I hope the Patios stuff the Sea Pigeons.

Here's the thing, the Colts sucked, I think nobody can disagree with those facts. But the name calling and subject changing won't change the the fact that the Pats have cheated in the past and it looks bad for them whether anything comes from the investigation. The league has a credibility problem with the domestic abuse, bad parenting, Pat player being tried for murder etc. Average fans may turn away if the sport becomes thought comparable to the WWE and then the money goes away! So really this is about perception and money and the NFL has to take it seriously and the Pats guilty or not may become the PATSIES for the league.

No way... cheating in professional sports?
rolleyes.gif
Tarnishing the "integrity" of the NFL?
rolleyes.gif

Puhleese!

edit - Just for fun here, I challenge someone to tell me the actual rule that the Patriots coaching staff violated in the trumped up Spy-gate scandal.

Hint: They did break a rule, but it wasn't for video taping an opponent's staff giving their defensive signals, as most people have been led to believe. That practice is actually within the rules and continues by every team in the league to this day.

fuk.gif

Of course the Patriots are guilty of cheating, you don't even have to think about it or question it, it's the only way this pathetic team can win. Year after year. Having the football under inflated is the same as playing with 14 players on the field, how could you possibly lose? The under inflated balls is why the Patriot's defense only allowed the Colts 7 points in the game, the direct connection is plain to see. As one of the erudite reporters points out, the balls were 2 pounds light, all the officials had to do was weigh the balls and it would have been plain to see they were under inflated. It's not the news reporter's job to report news, it's their job to make the news, that's how you make money.

It isn't so much that 11 of 12 balls were under inflated, the 11 were under inflated by the same amount. With the ball bag on the field in plain sight of the fans and TV cameras I wonder how someone could have precisely set all the balls to the same pressure without being seen. On the other hand, what would happen if all the balls were pumped up to the exact same pressure -- 12.6 PSI in a 80º room (which is over the minimum legal pressure), then carried out to a 40-50º field and allowed to chill? (Go read NEPRT Tire Pressure threads for the low down on temperature vs pressure. There, a motorcycle connection
smile.png
) This would be an angle where the balls were properly inflated, nobody messed with them, the pressure of all the balls will be the same, yet equally low and could be verified and accepted by the officials.

I expect that the Patriots will next sneak into the Seahawks locker room and shave down the players cleats so they don't have good traction for the Super Bowl game. Maybe they will fill the shoes soles with lead and grease the Seahawks gloves. I'm certain that the Patriots have already cheated in the Super Bowl next week, it's part of the game plan. Hopefully the referees will penalize the Patriots on every positive play they make to punish them. Now that would be fair.

It is sad that these players reach the pinnacle of the sport, then even if they win the game, the win is already tainted and spoiled for them. What the 'news reporters' have done with this hasn't done the NFL, the teams or anybody any good other than making money for the news providers. Should innuendo and speculation become part of the game like it's fact until the accused can prove innocence? [/soap box]

fans.gif
May it be a good game and the right team win for the right reasons.

Dumb question. Did they inflate the footballs in a warm room, and then check them and set them on the cold side lines? Anybody want to guess what would happen? It's the same reason as why tire pressures are always specified as cold. Temperature makes a difference.

FINALLY!!!!! Someone has at last related this scandal to motorcycles. Who worries more and knows less about air pressure than a Harley rider. The truth can at last be told..... the HD crowd did it.