Arkansas Run March 27th-30th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cav47

Adventure Seeker
Reaction score
UPDATE...at the bottom of this post.

Ride down on Friday, have 2 full days of the Arkansas Hills that everyone is talking about, then ride home on Monday. It is not an "Organized" ride of any kind, just a show up and enjoy the roads, eat, sleep, repeat.

The Hub seems like it has good reviews from people who have been before. This is where SFO in September is staying. Rates are really good around 60 for a multiple day stay for 2 queens. Here is the site

Arkansas is on my list of places to go. I am planning on going to SFO. But I may get cancelled because of commitments out of my control. From what everyone says, going 2 times will not harm anyone and there is plenty of roads to go around.

It looks like we already have some takers. We need a GPS Wizard like we had on the SE Wisconsin. My GPS is a cheap car model that doesn't save routes on the files.

This area has high expectations. Looking forward to sampling the scenery. Weather data from the past few years indicates Highs in the 65 to 70. Lows around 43. Some have said the tarmac around these parts can be hard on tires, so bring plenty of tread. (why did I think of wheatie just then?)

Hope to see you there.

Cav
I know this is a still a little ways out, but it would be nice to have an idea of who is committed to coming and who is contemplating on coming.

The Committed include

Myself

Allen_C

We are arriving Friday March 27th at the Quality INN that Marty referenced in post #68. We just had to work out the details before we booked. We are meeting up around Marshall Illinois and heading that way.

I know others have emailed or PMed me about their plans, but I will not put them on the Committed list.

Some said they are looking to camp, some are likely looking for a roomie. To facilitate the hook ups, maybe you could post your intentions here.

Allen_C and I will be in the area riding and hope to see some of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been thinking about a early run to Arkansas also but I don't think that weekend will work for me and my stupid fireman's schedule. You guys have a blast.

I have been thinking about a early run to Arkansas also but I don't think that weekend will work for me and my stupid fireman's schedule. You guys have a blast.
I think they make vacation days for that.
smile.png

Can you switch?? That was always the beauty of working a shift schedule, I thought.

Pictures and words will follow!!

Looks like the 3 of us will be all coming from the East. Good eats on the way down will be something on the list to figure out. We have to have priorities!!!

I will be riding around here most likely.

I am trying to make Hooterville in the fall...if there is one.

Besides, I don't wanna have some guy behind me crashing into me.

<snerk>

EDIT: Okay. that was a little harsh...but you dissed me and my undeserved tire rep....
biggrin.png

I'd love to...but I'll probably still be wearing this damn back brace, not to mention we still might have snow on the ground.

I'll definitely try. I'm leaving on another excursion the following Friday so I may need to be saving tire. Or I could be trying to use up tire before putting a new one on. Tires are ruling my life right now.
smile.png

....Besides, I don't wanna have some guy behind me crashing into me.EDIT: Okay. that was a little harsh...but you dissed me and my undeserved tire rep.... :D
Haha. I deserved that one. But to be precise, it was just our bags that grazed each other. (Insert Zilla wanting to get in on some bag grazing joke here). Seriously, it's all good. You are just lucky we don't just make your house basecamp for the weekend.

And Hey Old Guy. Just come ride with us. When your tire is shot give it to Wheatie, it will be just about right for him!!! I kid!! But I have heard the stories about cords and such. Ride safe in that great land of SC!!

I can't give anyone else any grief. I rode the last 150 miles or so to get home with steel showing on a ride last fall. I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but I thought I'd get as close to home as possible before calling MOTOW. And to my surprise, I made it.

I've got about 1000 miles on my tires now, and my April trip will be about 4000. So it'll just depend on how much I get to ride between now and then.

I'll definitely try. I'm leaving on another excursion the following Friday so I may need to be saving tire. Or I could be trying to use up tire before putting a new one on. Tires are ruling my life right now.
smile.png
Poor guy...
It's tough being me.
rolleyes.gif

I weekend of frisky riding in Arkansas is rough on a set of tires, and that's my puzzle. I must have enough for a 4000 mile trip the following week.