2015 Team Lyle Rachel Days Insanity - Results added

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug5551

Reaction score
FJR Darksider #3 from El Segundo/Sugarloaf, CA
I am pleased to announce the 2015 Team Lyle Rachel Days Insanity, which will take place May 15 - 17, 2015, starting and ending in Alamo, Nevada.

This is following the successful, record-setting three prior Team Lyle Alamo events, which have produced 2 Saddle Sore 1000, 5 Bun Burner 1500, 25 Bun Burner Gold 1500 and 11 Bun Burner Gold 1800+ rides. In addition, the riders have made quite generous donations to Eddie's Road, which have exceeded all expectations.

Once again, we will be allowing the riders to ride the validated 1,524 mile Base Route, a BBG 1800+ route using the Base Route, or to declare their own route, using all or part of the Base Route.

Thanks to Mike Kneebone, whose suggestions have helped make these Team Lyle Alamo rides a better event, and to Lisa Erbes, whose Eddie's Road is making a difference helping troubled teens, some of whom may end up motorcycle riders, or perhaps even LD riders, if history is any indication.

https://www.teamlyle-alamoexpress.com/2015/

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Doug Barrett
IBA #456
Rallymaster

Carl Stark
IBA #339
Guest Rallymaster

Brian Casey
IBA #25,366
Routemaster

Ted Bosch
IBA #48,597
Consultant

Erik Lipps
Pit Crew

Matt Watkins
IBA # 332
Rider Coach Emeritas

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo-hoo! You go Douggie-Bear!

Though after perusing the current participants list and seeing all the Harleys and BMWs that are signed up you may want to call this the "Team Lyle Broken Down and Stranded in Nevada Insanity".
bye.gif
jester.gif
tease.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Like throwing a rope to that sumbitch on a Hayabusa ;)

Looks like she is tweaking things, but no aux tank???

Can a rider deviate from the prearranged route?

I'd like to try and nab the TOH sites while I'm out there.

Yes, you can participate in the "open class". There's some additional burden if you do including principally an odometer run prior to the ride to ajust mileage as necessary. Folks who have done this class have principally used it for pursuing alternate mileage strategies than the 1500.

That said, you must be interested in the three in the Reno/Carson City/Gerlach area...or maybe the one south of Ash Springs? Because all the others could be easily done while on the existing route.

Interested in all 7 Iggy + a few others.

Most likely just be going for the BBG, but would mean a little more to me to nail down as many TOH sites possible in the process.

Nothing wrong with a dual purpose rally eh?

Interested in all 7 Iggy + a few others.
Then that suggests riding outside Nevada which would mean you would be going for a non-single state BBG. You should probably run that part by organizers to see if they're setup for that.

I would note part of this event is camaraderie of knowing you're on roads that other riders are going to be also riding...as well as an assistance factor if something bad were to happen. Even the open class riders typically are on the same roads....just some stretches more often and greater frequency. Heh. ;)

Hey Mike!

Good to hear of your plans.

Would love to see you go for a custom route to get BMR bonuses of your choosing.

As Matt correctly said, plan on doing the odo check on Friday and you will be good to go.

Last year, Justin accumulated some Utah miles on his preferred route,which was the first miles to be logged in another state during a Team Lyle Alamo rally. So you are welcome to go out of state.

I will be starting the group email chat in a day or two so we can continue the dialog.

OK Doug, got a route set up to collect all 7 TOH, but as Iggy stated, it takes me off of some of the fun roads.

I've got it on S&T if anyone cares to review it. Not real familiar with the area, so maybe there's room to add some more miles.

Just came in from the shop where I finished welding up a second wheel chock for the flat bed on the pickup.

After reading the rider list and seeing how many Harleys and BMW's there were thought it may be necessary.

Worst case Jonnie and I can make two trips.

No worries mate.

Carl Stark

You break it we haul it.

How ever there will be pictures.

Now if I can just figure our how to post on the internet.
smile.png

I've got unfinished bizniz.
"bizniz" has been finished!

a Done deal....but it wasn't easy.

Home safe 'n sound.

I think the word of the weekend was COLD. Been home almost an hour and I'm still shivering. LOL

This is truelly a great event to attend and participate in.

Huge thanks go out to Doug Barrett and Brain Casey for putting on such well organized and fun get together. THANKS guys.

Team Lyle Rachel Days Insanity Results :
BBG 1800+ :
David Walls Suzuki Hayabusa. David used the base route plus an additional 2 passes of the ET highway to come up with the high mileage route. He will be joining a very small group of BBG 1800+ finishers.
BBG Gold 1500:
Marc Beaulac and his daughter Gen two-up Honda Goldwing. They have done an SS1K but this was their first BBG.
Pat Ford and his daughter Rebecca Martinez two-up Honda Goldwing. They have finished all 4 Team Lyle Alamo BBGs successfully.
I am extremely proud to have two Dad-Daughter finishers in this rally. It may be a first, but I sure hope it won't be the last.
Glen Pancoast BMW K1600GT. He has done 4 IBRs and was using this event to prepare for his fifth. He had the added challenge of riding from Henderson, NV to the start in Alamo and then back to Henderson after the finish. He is the first to do this which added a few hundred more miles to his whole ride.
Mike Myren FJR1300. He visited seven of Steve Brooks Tour of Honor locations during the 24 hour rally. He also came from Minnesota to participate and is the first rider with a Team Strange number to finish a Team Lyle Alamo event.
Phil Tarman Honda NT700. A sub-liter finisher. I will have to look at my records as this may be the first sub-liter Team Lyle Alamo finisher. This was his first BBG and he should be very proud of his finish. I would also like to recognize that he succeeded at this at a senior age, which is quite an inspiration and demonstration of what determination can accomplish.
Several others riders finished Bun Burner 1500s or SS1K, but the conditions were unexpectedly cool and blustery which added a degree of difficulty. Others had unexpected premature defective tires which limited their ability to participate.
Thanks to all participants for their support of Eddie's Road and the Iron Butt Association. I am very proud of all Team Lyle Alamo Riders generosity and participation in these events.

"Mike Myren FJR1300. He visited seven of Steve Brooks Tour of Honor locations during the 24 hour rally. He also came from Minnesota to participate and is the first rider with a Team Strange number to finish a Team Lyle Alamo event."