Clearwater LED Lights: Group Buy 2015 Interest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linc

Linc
Reaction score
Hey gang,

So it's that time of year again to farkle away the winter blues... at least for those of us in states that have four real seasons.
tongue.png
Before I go getting a group buy going... I'd like to gauge interest from some of y'all regarding lighting upgrades. I've facilitated 2 Group Buy sessions with the folks at Clearwater Lights, this would be the 3rd annual if we get enough interest.

Usually what happens is I find out what pricing discounts we can get and usually it requires around 10 or more lights sets total to be sold. I have a couple interested parties so far, lets see how this goes and I'll contact the folks at CW and see what they can do this year.

Any confusion of what these lights do or how they mount on our bikes can be solved by clicking the links below:

Clearwater Lights homepage

--- Last Year's Group Buy Page ---

Install on David's 2013

Thanks,

Abe

clearwater14.jpg

I am on the fence and thinking about some axillary lighting. I am researching Ericka or Krista mounting options as I am not crazy about the supplied mirror supported mount. Did I see that someone had mounted them to the SW-Motech mirror extensions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good guys... thanks for the feedback, contacting CW this week and seeing what they can do this winter... 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are concerned about $$'s, I went with Denali DM's. Got them for $229.99 no tax and free shpn from Twisted Throttle. I mounted them on the fork reflector brackets. In order to make them more stable, I made an axillary brace from aluminium stock. I prefer that location to the fender mount as it lessens the cable exposure and makes cleaning the fender area easier. These LED's are great if you are a day only rider. You will be seen!!

Should move this post to group buy folder. May have more interest?
Good idea Joe, but the reason I wanted it in this forum was to gauge interest and see if there was enough for a group buy. Plus I've been in contact with Jolin at Clearwater several times this week and last, still not sure if we are going to able to do a group buy this year. They just got a contract for two racetracks in California to supply lights for them, plus another Rally team signed up with them as sponsors.

All this to say, they are really stinking busy and don't exactly need an extra 10 to 15 orders in the pipeline. However, Glenn and Jolin are going to talk about it and get back to me next week with a yes or no. They would love to work with us again, but it doesn't help anyone if they take orders they can't fulfil for weeks ahead.

Hope this helps clarify, if I get a greenlight it will definitely go to the group by forum. Thanks everyone for chipping in, I appreciate it and it gave me enough positive feedback to show CW we do have enough interest, just hope we can make it happen.

For those of you who might not have seen the fork mount on an FJR:2 pics of Clearwater's Darlas installed on a 2014ES:

https://bchauvette.smugmug.com/photos/i-Tvvsbv3/0/X2/i-Tvvsbv3-X2.jpg

https://bchauvette.smugmug.com/photos/i-67wFXnX/0/X3/i-67wFXnX-X3.jpg

I highly recommend them.

...Ben...
Hi,

What's the "SR40" pictured on your bike. I like the looks and am still looking for an alternative to the OEM trunk. LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE THE OEM trunk rack on your bike? The 40 has a 40 liter capacity I assume and it looks just right from a size standpoint. With the OEM rack this looks like the solution.

Makes sense Linc. Hopefully Glen will approve the deal. Not first set I will have in the bike; surely not the last. Best add-on you can put on. Safety, visibility!