FYI FJR1300 hard bags fit the FJ09

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c10

Reaction score
Also FJ09 fit the FJR1300 . The FJ09 bags have a thinner door not allowing a helmet to fit in them .

Bags are option for the 09 so if you plan on owning both you own bags already that are larger .

Yup, widely reported that they have the same mounting points.

Color, no problem...black goes with everything!
smile.png

--G

So if I buy the FJ-09 I'll have to paint my bags something that works on both bikes. Maybe truck bed liner. Or maybe Garauld can paint 'carbon fiber'.
Buy a '14 FJR and a red '15 FJ-09 and you'll have a set of matching hard bags to swap from one bike to the other, no need to paint to match. Problem solved.

So if I buy the FJ-09 I'll have to paint my bags something that works on both bikes. Maybe truck bed liner. Or maybe Garauld can paint 'carbon fiber'.
Buy a '14 FJR and a red '15 FJ-09 and you'll have a set of matching hard bags to swap from one bike to the other, no need to paint to match. Problem solved.

Without a doubt the best solution!

Not as good, but cheaper: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-1080-Series-BLACK-CARBON-FIBER-Vinyl-Vehicle-Wrap-Film-Sheet-5-x-1-CF-12-/130778181494?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6393

They fit but look like two swollen hippo asses on the FJ from behind, or Beyonce if you prefer. Function over fashon may be the thing here, a wrap from any sign company could allow some design options.