I wish I was still back...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramps

Reaction score
where it was warm. Ever since I got back home to Minnesota the weather has been paying me back for being away the month of January. But on the bright side I really only got about 6 more weeks of this crap and I have some great memories. So, here's a few photos while I was there...

One of the first things I did was to take a little ride up to the Palomar Observatory.

P1252759.jpg

The views were spectacular.

P1142758.jpg

Since my Daughter & Grandson live in Oceanside and I don't see them very often, I was able to spend some much needed time with them especially my Grandson.

So we took a trip down to the Birch Aquarium.

IMG_20150111_124255042.jpg

IMG_20150111_123136968.jpg

IMG_20150111_123127676.jpg

IMG_20150111_123116483.jpg

Another "must see" place in my book is Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve. A busy place on the weekends but well worth it.

P1312789.jpg

P1312791.jpg

P1312802.jpg

P1312807.jpg

P1312810.jpg

P1312787.jpg

P1312782.jpg

P1312781.jpg

Doug (Bugnatr) made to long trip from up north & invited me to tag along with his FZ6 group and I met some wonderful people.

I was able to hook up with a great guy, Cliff, from that group for one last ride before heading for home.

He took me down to the border, beautiful day

IMG_20150202_121627041.jpg

IMG_20150202_121534787.jpg

IMG_20150202_121503626.jpg

IMG_20150203_115825759.jpg

We decided that our trip home would take us through Phoenix and spend a couple days there. So why not call beemerdons.

Don seems always ready to ride on short notice and a breakfast ride was agreed upon to Superior.

IMG_20150205_101830489.jpg

IMG_20150205_101801277.jpg

IMG_20150203_115843589.jpg

The rest of the trip home was uneventful, but I did stop & take a quick photo of one of my favorite places...the Salt River Canyon.

IMG_20150206_081606106_HDR.jpg

Driving through NE Arizona...

IMG_20150206_114914725.jpg

I don't think there was a cloud in the sky for the next two days and when I went through Kansas City it was still in the 60's and then I made Iowa.

IMG_20150207_152012836_HDR.jpg

How depressing, but I'm home. I think I'll do it again next year.
smile.png

Good photos.

I had a friend who became a truck driver. He'd pull out his analog photos to show everyone. As excited as he was to talk about each photo and where it was taken, to a one they showed the highway out through his truck's windshield.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice photos Marc!Thanks for sharing!
smile.png
What is your camera?
Thanks everyone! The slightly smaller pictures were taken with my phone (Motorola Moto X2).

The others I used my Olympus Pen E-PL1.
Thanks for the info,both photos normal and smaller are very crisp and clear!The lenses of the Motorola and Olympus works great!

Thanks for sharing Gramps. Love the San Diego area and the riding near there.

Glad you are home safely! Coming back next year? ;)

That shot of you behind the bikes on the shoulder is so inviting. I just want to be in that picture, dump the clutch and head toward that formation in the distance. Awesome pics, man.

One day I'll ride west....

Great pictures Marc, I'm jealous....can't wait for Spring!!

You'll definitely need to repeat the trip next year to see family and enjoy some more of those SoCal roads and sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gramps, I rode over to see the Observatory after seeing a picture of it in your ride report. The 14 mile access road with its numerous curves posted at 30 and 25 mph was a hoot on my new Wee Strom. I plan on making the trip again.

Thanks for the report and a new destination for my weekly rides.

Gramps, I rode over to see the Observatory after seeing a picture of it in your ride report. The 14 mile access road with its numerous curves posted at 30 and 25 mph was a hoot on my new Wee Strom. I plan on making the trip again.
Gramps, glad you and Cliff got out for a ride. Did you notice no one was riding a FZ6 even tho that's where we all met. Fun day indeed!

Jer, be sure to ride Montezuma -Borrego Rd between Borrego Springs and Hwy 79. Gramps and I did it both ways when I was down there, what a blast. Can't go wrong with any of the roads in the hills between you and San Diego.

Gramps, glad you and Cliff got out for a ride. Did you notice no one was riding a FZ6 even tho that's where we all met. Fun day indeed!

Jer, be sure to ride Montezuma -Borrego Rd between Borrego Springs and Hwy 79. Gramps and I did it both ways when I was down there, what a blast. Can't go wrong with any of the roads in the hills between you and San Diego.
Cliff and I had a great little ride, great guy. Jer, glad you found your way to Polamar mtn. and what Doug said, go find that road to Borrego Springs you'll love it.

Cliff and I had a great little ride, great guy. Jer, glad you found your way to Polamar mtn. and what Doug said, go find that road to Borrego Springs you'll love it.
Thanks for the heads up guys, but I have already ridden the Montezuma-Borrego Springs road twice. Great road.