How many FJRs do you see on an average day?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigChunk

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fair weather rider so my daily commute is almost always in a car. I still get a kick out of spotting an FJR when I'm out and about, though. During my 14-mile (45-minute!) drive from Kirkland, WA to north Seattle, WA, I almost always see at least one FJR, often two. This is all surface streets, no freeway driving. The most in a single commute for me has been four FJRs.

I'm guessing that 2-4 sightings is probably about average for a city commute. Anybody else get a kick out of spotting FJRs?

BigChunk

One

... mine
tonguesmiley.gif

Usually I see zero. And I'm on the road a lot. Every now and then I'll see one here, but there's not many FJRs in Albuquerque.

I look for FJRs when I am out. Sad to say I do not see them often around Nashville. Harleys and sport bikes are everywhere but the best bike around (in my opinion) is scarce.... Harleys seem to fit the music star image here.

I ride the Bainbridge Seattle ferry every day and there are typically 2-4 FJR's on the boat. We get a kick out of seeing each other and I think feel like the 30 other people on motorcycles are missing the boat.

The average rounded to the nearest whole decimal would be zero (0) other than mine.

When I went to buy one, none of the local dealers had any because they said they don't sell. I said that's not surprising since there aren't any around to buy
wink.png

I had the dealer order me one, and the day I went to pick it up there was a guy looking at it trying to buy it. I had to laugh
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure I saw a guy riding an '07....once. Very rare to spot one in the wild. I've even ridden through Washington (and Oregon...and Idaho...and Montana) and didn't see any other than mine. Haven't been to Seattle though; maybe there's a viable breeding population of them there.

-edit-

So to answer the OP's question directly... 1 FJR in 39 years (or 14,235 days)... I see 0.0000702 FJRs on the average day!

Summertime: 1 or 2. Another guy at work rides a FJR (or Tenere) and if my timing is right, sometimes TripperMike from this forum.

Now: 0 (about our high temperture for the day in Minnesota).

I saw one at the dealership once. Seriously, around Chicago, there are really only harleys.

Sad buy true.

Short commute for me. There are two FJRs that run close to my schedule so I see the same bikes a couple times a week.

Lots of FJRs in the metro Seattle area...heck we get 40+ at Tech Days so I figure there's at least that many more not on the forum.

--G

A few in the parking lot where I work but none on my short commute. Ya see old farts ride FJRs bikes and many more old fart's favor Harleys.