lowering kits and electronic suspensions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The memo seems to have got lost ....

When you Post" a new thread, do not try to post it again until you have done the following:

Open a new browser window.

Open fjrforum.com in that window.

Check to see if your post has actually appeared.

There can be a considerable "lag" between submitting a post and it appearing in the window you typed in. That tempts folk to hit submit FOUR times :D

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum kootenayguy; rough start. This forum is the worst I've seen for multiple posts because it is very slow to respond, so don't feel too bad.

As to your question, I have not a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Koot,

I am about to lower my ES. I purchased the Lust Racing lowering links (dog bones) from England. The trouble I see is lowering the front of the bike. The ES has a solenoid on top of each fork. The clearance to the handle bars is minimal. I will try moving the handle bar position back (closer to the rider) to see if there is enough room to raise the forks. Forks should only be raised by 3/8". Soupy's makes an adjustable lowering link for the ES but I prefer solid dog bones

Used Kouba lowering links on my 06 and loved it. Was hoping someone on the forum would reply that they had done it already.......

Welcome to the forum kootenayguy; rough start. This forum is the worst I've seen for multiple posts because it is very slow to respond, so don't feel too bad.
I would agree its become a little sluggish over the years. Probably due to a lot of legitimate reasons. Thing is to not be in such a hurry. A slower internet connection will exacerbate the wait. Hit post only once!

If you can, see about a test ride on an FJR that's been lowered. I'd been wanting to lower mine for a long time. Then the chance came to ride one that had been lowered. What a different bike. HATED IT. The feel and handling of the bike was terrible. I'll continue to live with the occasional tippee toe.

Not sure if this idea will appeal to you or not, but if you install a pair of the cheaper, standard type of bar riser blocks (ones that just fit under the bars and move them straight up) it will give you an extra inch of clearance for the fork leg and fork stepper motors to the bottom of the handle bars.

These are the ones I have, though at 6'2" I have no need to lower my bike.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts