New, in headlight, parking/running/euro lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like the light update?

• Yes

Votes: 46 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

supertankerm60a3

Reaction score
OK, so ever since I noticed how the headlights were molded with these sockets set into the corner, I have been wanting to add a pair of lights into them. Wednesday, I finally did so. They are my new running lights, I soldered the park and turn into a single circuit when I converted the turn signals to LED. I will let the forum judge and let the chips fall where they may.

When power is applied to the running light circuit, they are white. when power is applied to the turn signal circuit, they are yellow. when power is removed from the turn signal circuit they go out for 2 seconds before going back white. If all power is turned off they go out of course.

Installed, close up.

DSCF8200.jpg

On, engine not running.

DSCF8195.jpg

On, engine running.

DSCF8196.jpg

On, engine running 4-ways active.

DSCF8197.jpg

Granted it is mostly for cool points but hey I gotta do something unique.

Wonderful job!

Did you have to create a logic circuit? or was it already part of these lights?

And where did you find these lights? Links, please!!!

Thanks for all the positive replies

I used these LED lights. The logic is built in. They are the correct size to fit just right. I fixed them into the 'sockets' with black silicon, enough to hold the plug to the light and the light into the socket but it can be removed by just grabbing and pulling if I need to in the future. I did not use the resistors as I have all LED lighting (the omni-directional lightbulb type) and a flasher that is set up to handle the low current draw.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121002873452?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly adds to frontal presence, and that's an important consideration. If they are really bright, and they look really bright, might want to check and see if they are blinding to oncoming traffic...and if so...make a few adjustments to angle them down more. Kudos on creativity, design, engineering, and sourcing!

Did you have to remove the whole front cowling for this, or just work on the lights with the under the guage cluster panels removed.... ?!?!?

I did have to remove the whole headlight housing. Yes, it was a huge pain in the butt. I had to drill two 7/8th (+/- 1/16 I don't remember) holes and there is a little point at the center that tries to throw off the bit. They are pretty bright but the cone is a full 90 degrees. Therefore, any change of angle would not help. The brightness falls off fast with distance though. They are not as bright as any auxiliary lights.

Last edited by a moderator: