2015 Tour of Honor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
The 2015 Tour of Honor begins on April 1st!
homepg_ribbon.jpg

The Tour of Honor is a great reason to hit the open road, honor our nation's heroes, and contribute to a few good charities. TOH is AMA-sanctioned and Iron Butt-approved. The event is a season-long, self-directed ride to memorials and monuments around the continental U.S., Alaska and Hawaii. Beginning April 1, visit as many sites as you want, with any route you choose.Trophies are awarded to the first three riders to visit all of the destinations in a state (or region).

Check it out!

In the past four years, I have been a Tour of Honor state sponsor for Idaho, Washington and Nevada . For 2015, I am the state sponsor for Idaho, and we have some AWESOME sites for you to enjoy if you choose Idaho.
punk.gif

Already signed up and got my towel, stickers and t shirt in the mail this week...Come on April 1st

Dan

Yup, did the Tour of Honor last year for the first time and really enjoyed the rides and locating the memorials. The sponsors do a great job of getting you off the interstates and into some nice riding areas. Rides can be combined with IBA certified rides as well.

I was impressed by the number of small towns that maintain memorial sites, like this one below in Apple River, IL, sponsored by Rick Martin. Population 362, but they take good care of their WW1 memorial.

2014_364_IL_1_zpsb20f50c3.jpg

Planning on signing up early next month. Have some other financial issues to clear up first.

I know, it doesn't cost that much but promised wife we'd get new living room furniture before I spent any more "play " money.

OK, meant to do this last year, and the year before.

Just finished signing up.

Thanks for the reminder.

This will be my second year. Got my packet in the mail last week. Looking forward to visiting as many sites as I can.

Thanks for the link. Always looking for a destination, and this will provide quite a few.

Thanks for the reminder.
OK Karl, since I sponsor Illinois, I won`t ride for the first to finish IL. nor an in state SS1K this year. Go for it.
punk.gif
Nice trophies!

Three years ago, I did the TOUR OF HONOR SADDLESORE-EXTREME. I won`t do this again as long as I am a sponsor.

Thanks for the reminder.
OK Karl, since I sponsor Illinois, I won`t ride for the first to finish IL. nor an in state SS1K this year. Go for it.
punk.gif
Nice trophies!

Three years ago, I did the TOUR OF HONOR SADDLESORE-EXTREME. I won`t do this again as long as I am a sponsor.
I may not do any of that ether, looking on this as a leisure time activity to do between other rides. Buttttt..............never can tell when the bug might bite.
laugh.png

Put my entry in the mail this morning. Had planned on doing it anyway but found out over the weekend that a customer from the HD shop I worked for had passed away last week. I'd known Ray Devlin for many years. Nice guy, but some folks found him a little quirky. I always enjoyed working with him on determining what he needed to keep his older Harley on the road. Many of my coworkers at the dealership didn't seem to want bothered with him. He never had a lot of money to spend. Maybe that's why I did like him. Not some overpaid rich guy that wanted to be a biker. I knew Ray had served but until I read his obituary on Sunday, I didn't know the details. Ray Devlin will be interred on Thursday March 12 at Fort Indiantown Gap National Cemetery. I will be dedicating my Tour of Honor ride to him.

In.

Received my packet, rider number 337, seems like a good way to find some destinations I would not normaly think of on my own to ride to this summer!

Last edited by a moderator:
2015 Memorial Sites to be released on April 1st.

April Fools Day? Makes me think??????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Packet was in my mailbox yesterday when I got home from work. Rider number 325. Safe riding everyone!

Started my tour on Friday, in the rain, to Philadelphia. Almost got plowed on the Schuylkill Expressway by an inattentive truck driver. Memorial site had limited parking opportunities. Stopped at Revzilla and finally bought myself a real pair of riding boots, waterproof too! Has lunch at a great diner on my way home and came out to discover a sheet metal screw in my rear tire. I have a repair kit under the seat but hated to risk doing it myself so far from home. Stopped at a small tire store outside of Lancaster, PA and they plugged it for me. Turned out the guy at the tire store and I know several people in common. I asked how much for the repair and he told me 10 bucks. I gave him a 20 and wished him Happy Easter. Good luck and safe riding to all participants.