The no ride report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salish1300

Reaction score
So this is an ode to riding. I'm in Birmingham, Alabama for a work conference, and have now been away from my bike for a few days. It is killing me! I can't believe how much I miss my daily ride to work. It's cold here and not too pleasant, but I still can't stand driving a cage all around.

To add pain to my lack of ability to ride, I took myself to the Barber Motorcycle museum here and all I can say is: Holy Moly. That place is a shrine to all things motorcycles and blew me away. Sadly, despite a 5 floor collection of motorcycles from 1858 to the present, and a fully international collection, with lots of Yamaha's, I did not spot an FJR!

So all of you who are riding, and submitting real trip reports...Enjoy!!!

I heard that Barber was an excellent musuem and is still on my yet-to-do list. Don't worry. I did a 250 mile loop Sunday through Prescott and Jerome in AZ in 65 degrees yesterday so we'll keep the riding going while you're away.
punk.gif

I heard that Barber was an excellent musuem and is still on my yet-to-do list. Don't worry. I did a 250 mile loop Sunday through Prescott and Jerome in AZ in 65 degrees yesterday so we'll keep the riding going while you're away.
punk.gif
You don't know how much I wish I was in Jerome right now. Had a close friend who lived there and spent a fair amount of time a few years back. Sunny and pleasant in Seattle, where I live, and I come to the South and it's snowing and freezing.

I've been to Barber a few times, seen the Guggenheim 'Art of the Motorcycle' when it was touring the country, and the vintage museum in Solvang CA. Barber is far and away the greatest motorcycle exhibit ever. Great parking right up to the doors -- motorcycle only. Car? Yeah, park over there somewhere. If you've every dreamed of it, they probably have it on display in two factory colors.

Wow...haven't ridden in a few days? Suck it up, big boy. I haven't ridden my bike since before Halloween.

There's a no ride report for ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another no ride report here. Last Saturday a dozen or so NERDS got together for a ride report. We took over a major corner of a restaurant and commenced our riding. We re-rode trips from New England to the wild west and relived the field repair of one wife's stator failure in the shadow of the continental divide. We relived a ride that started with one NERD having a major medical scare before touring the Pacific North Wet. We re-rode from New England out to South Dakota, the continental divide, Idaho, Wyoming and other western states.. We joined another NERD couple for a ride down thorough the south to North Carolina area. We re-rode through California, up coastal Rt 1, through redwoods, Lava Fields, Modoc, Lassen, Tahoe, Sonora Pass, Feather River Hwy, Sonoma/Napa. It was a great riding day for us. Then we stepped out into the blowing snow, cleared off the cars and headed out onto the ice rink highways and slid home, warmed, stoked and ready to make new memories on motorcycles as soon as the glaciers retreat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suffering from PMS, Parked Motorcycle Syndrome, since around Christmas.

I've been wanting to go to Barber for several years. Definitely a bucket list item. If you can, go in early October when they have the vintage races. A friend of mine attends them every year and pictures I've seen are incredible.