Where to park my truck and trailer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john8698

Reaction score
I am planning a trip from Fayetteville, AR to the Grand Canyon in April. Because I have people traveling with me that can not ride their bikes that far I am religated to loading our bikes up and towing them to Amarillo and leaving from there. Does anyone know of a safe place to leave a truck and trailer for a week in Amarillo?

you can leave it at my place in Colorado Springs

it's not Amarillo but it's a safe place if you want to ride out from the springs

wife and I have 5 acres here, lots of space

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I can offer no info, but why Amarillo? There is quite a bit of unexciting ground to cover when you head west from Amarillo. I'd drive to Santa Fe then head north and west thru Farmington on the bikes. You could even see Monument Valley.

You can park it at my mom's. It's 45 minutes from Albuquerque, and it'll be safe. Way better than Amarillo. The only way to get away from Amarillo is long flat, boring road.

Way better than Amarillo. The only way to get away from Amarillo is long flat, boring road.
You forgot to add "Hot". It may not be too bad in April but in summer it is HOT. Last July on Hwy 287 SE of Amarillo it was hotter than two horny hippos humping in Hawaii. It was hotter than a fresh f'ed fox in a forest fire. It was hotter than two Mongolian monkeys making love in a microwave. It was... Well, you get the point.

Well, You are welcome to leave it here in Western Colorado. I live on 40 acres near Paonia Colorado (plenty of room) where one of the biggest BMW rallies is held. The black canyon of the Gunnison, Hw 92 is one of the premier roads in the country for scenery and motorcycle fun.

If you spend a night in Amarillo at a motel they will typically let you park up to a week if they have a large parking lot. This is want I typically do for my annual trip to CO and never had a problem leaving my truck and trailer at the motel in Dillon for a week.