Hoy Crapanoli! What a bike!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHS

Reaction score
So, I just picked up my 2015 ES, took it out today for the first time and all I can say is WOW! This thing is incredible. I mean I have ridden lots of bikes over the years, have owned cruiser, sport bike (sorta), dirt bike and my BMW Adventure bike... But non compare to the joy of riding this baby. It is so smooth, handling is incredible, the cruise control, I could go on, but I think you all probably already know. All I can say is I made the right choice, yesiree I surely did!

Anyhow, just really excited and wanted to share that is all!

WHS

Welcome to 2003. hehe... but yea the FJR has been a great bike for a long time. Congrats on having the best one!

Yep the bike is great. Now watch this forum, find a gathering and meet the people. Putting a face to the forum name, having a cold one and gathering knowledge is the second best thing about the bike.

Thanks! And yes, looking forward to meeting some fellow riders... And I understand the PNW has a pretty good following.

Super Stoked

Yup, I feel the same way every time I wheel my '09 out of the garage.

Congrats again...you've been assimilated! Hope to meet you at the spring Tech Day.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to 2003. hehe... but yea the FJR has been a great bike for a long time. Congrats on having the best one!
HA HA! Exactly !! Except for me, it was April 2005. And I coulda posted the same thing on this forum that the OP (WHS) did . . . IF . . . this forum was 2 months older than it is. Seriously: s.a.m.e. words.

No bike has ever so nailed my wish list of strengths and balance. So . . .

Conga rats on that twice refined Gen.III ES, but watch out about that grin -- the spousal unit might think you're doing something else.

;)

Congrats! I'm still feeling this same way after a month or so of ownership. Pinch myself all the time that I own this bike. If I clean and polish it anymore often it will become daily. I look for any excuse to ride it, and do maintenance on it. In short, there is no zealot like a convert, and I'm converted!

WHS: The bike is so good I rode for two months before trying out "sport" mode, and still had the doofus grin during all those "touring" miles.

When I rode Dear Old Dad's brand new FJR home from the dealership back in '07 I felt exactly the same way. I remember calling him while he was at work to tell him his new bike was home and trying to describe it to him. The next day he called me and struggled to describe it to me.

Seven years later when I test rode the '14 ES and realized how much better it was than the Gen2, I was in a bind. I never enjoyed riding my Honda ST1300 as much after that. I knew I had to have one for my own.

Congrats, they are an exceptional machine. After 47 years riding dirt and street bikes, I can unreservedly say the 14 ES is the best bike I've ever owned.

Thanks! And yes, looking forward to meeting some fellow riders... And I understand the PNW has a pretty good following.
Super Stoked
Congratulations!

I can say I am still super stoked with my '12. FJRs just make you happy to be a motorcyclist.

You live in a fantastic area for riding, on one of my favorite riding roads, taking 12 going east out of Walla Walla. Lucky man!

Hopefully, you can make it to the Spring Tech Meet in April.

Dumb doofus, you should have bought a Harley.

Good luck finding matching handlebar tassels and assless chaps for the FJR.

Just filling in for Bustanut & BeemerDons while they are on the Injured Reserve List.

Dumb doofus, you should have bought a Harley.Good luck finding matching handlebar tassels and assless chaps for the FJR.

Just filling in for Bustanut & BeemerDons while they are on the Injured Reserve List.
Good show...

...Next doofus up.

Congrats to the OP.

Every time I get on the FJR, it is a great time!

...Just filling in for Bustanut & BeemerDons while they are on the Injured Reserve List.
You might want to keep your head down when they come back onto the field, I'm pretty sure neither would want to be "filled in for"
headbonk.gif

To be "filled in", that's a completely different story
sleep.png

Super Stoked
Congratulations!

I can say I am still super stoked with my '12. FJRs just make you happy to be a motorcyclist.

You live in a fantastic area for riding, on one of my favorite riding roads, taking 12 going east out of Walla Walla. Lucky man!

Hopefully, you can make it to the Spring Tech Meet in April.
Yeah, we do have some pretty fun roads around here... In fact, I can't wait to get on them. Really looking forward to a run through Heppner, Prineville then up through central Oregon and back around through Mosier, then home. That is a great one for low traffic back road twisties than can be done in a day... A long day, but a great one.

Where can I find info on the Spring Tech Meet?

Latest posts