Cee Bailey windsheild report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddletramp

Reaction score
When I had my 2005 FJR I installed a Givi windshield on it & was very satisfied with the performance. No helmet buffeting & not too tall.

When I picked up my "new" 2008 FJR last fall I knew the stock windshield was not going to work. I will admit it was much better than the stock windshield on the '05 but still had complaints from my tall wife about too much noise & buffeting.

I pondered another Givi, a Cali-Sci like I have on my Super Tenere, or a Cee Bailey. I've always wanted to try a C B but thought they were fairly expensive. After much research I decided a flip top, 2' wider-2" taller would work. In clear of course.

I installed the windshield today & took the FJR our for a 40 mile test ride. I was super impressed. Although the temperature was around 50, with the shield all the way up I my face was actually hot from lack of air-flow. I could still see over the shield when in the full up position. No buffeting & dead air in the cockpit area. I could lower it & decide how much air I wanted so I could get some air-flow through my full-face helmet.

My wife was too busy with school studies for a ride today but I can't wait to see her reaction to the shield.

Ride on!

Yup, good stuff!
smile.png

CB's have been my go-to shields since my first GEN I. The 2 X 2 reverse contour is my summer shield with ahem...a 4 X 3 for wet weather riding.

--G

The Cee Bailey +2+2 reverse contour in light gray tint is the best windshield we have tried so far on Dad's '07. Pop is completely happy with it, he says "That is the windshield that Yamaha should have put on that bike at the factory." Having ridden that bike with the OEM, a Cee Bailey +2H +4 wide standard contour, and a Cee Bailey +4H +4W reverse contour, I would have to say that this shield is about as close to perfect as we can hope for. We both love it.

You might have been kind enough to include a couple pics though.

I bet it looks like this:

I believe yours' was one of the recommendations I considered when researching windshields.

I figured a picture of a 2008 with a new windshield was a bit blase' for this forum.

I have the C B 2+2 on my '08 and love it.

For what I want out of a windshield the C B is the way to go.

+1 on CB shields

I have a +2 high, stock width, flip shield for summer use and love it for the greatly reduced buffeting when raised up and still allowing airflow when lowered.

I've run with that CB and also with a Vstream on trips with the wife and she much prefers the Vstream's airflow. The Vstream is approximately a +4 high and +6 wide shield without the CB reverse countour (flip)and those much larger dimensionst probably explain her preference.

The Cee Bailey +2+2 reverse contour in light gray tint is the best windshield we have tried so far on Dad's '07. Pop is completely happy with it, he says "That is the windshield that Yamaha should have put on that bike at the factory." Having ridden that bike with the OEM, a Cee Bailey +2H +4 wide standard contour, and a Cee Bailey +4H +4W reverse contour, I would have to say that this shield is about as close to perfect as we can hope for. We both love it.

Thanks for posting pics!

Agree, they are good windshields. Love mine, as well.
Yeah, thanks for the potty stop pic RF.
rolleyes.gif
Sorry about the Port a Can but we were on the Green River Ferry inside Mammoth Cave National Park. There just happens to be a Port a Can on the tiny little ferry. That was actually the best shot of the Cee Bailey Shield I could find in my archives.

I've got the Cee Bailey reverse flip +2 +2 in light gray and love it also.

We just put a reverse flip +2 high +4 wide in light gray on my buddy's bike. The +4 wide is also very nice and offers a little extra protection for the hands. I held it over my +2 wide and it is barely wider, maybe an inch at the wide point, but it is contoured a bit different.

I thought the +4 wider would look too wide; however, aesthetically, when you look at the two shields on the bikes side by side, you can't tell the difference. If you look real carefully, in relation to the fairing, you can see the +4 is wider.

Thanks for posting pics Of the outhouse!
Thar, I dun fixed it fer ya.
tonguesmiley.gif

I went with the smallest of the CB's on my Gen III. Being rather hobbitish of stature, I've found it to be altogether satisfactory.
I have a smaller CB for summer, 'n a plus 2X2 for the winter. Luv the CBs
punk.gif
I also got a few bottles of their cleaner too. Oh yeah, and a larger CB w/ the reverse flip on the FZ6

I also have the CB +2+2 flip in the dark tint on my 08 blackie. It is so much better than the stocker. I look over the top even at its full height (6'3"). Much smoother air flow and still plenty of flow for me in the summertime when it is in the down position.

Yup, me too though a 4" taller x 2" wider rev. flip clear for colder weather but a dark smoke shorty for summer. Lot of air flow with that shield and my black '08 looks great wearing it.

After pestering redfish and others here, I went with the largest Cee Bailey for my 2014. After working out some buffeting issues resulting in odd behavior, I really like it for winter use. There's no completely still pocket like with some bikes, but it's pretty good. All the way up and I get notable buffeting, but short of that it's great. I have the stock, touring, and CB shields. I'll never put the placebo (original stock) shield back on. Yamaha touring for the warmer 6 months of the year, CB for winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
RFH,in the picture that you posted of the Cee Bailey +2+2 reverse contour screen, is that in light gray tint? Looks clear to me. Can you please clarify? Thanks.