Saddlebag Scuffs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's something you can get to put on those cases....

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr-farkling-ii/36386-techspec-snake-skin-pads-side-cases.html

Also - many members have also used something like Plasti-Dip - masking out the area they want to spray like those TechSpec pieces...

Its a rubberized coating you can get in a spray can at home depot, spray on semi thick with multiple coats, and it just peels off when you want to remove it or re-do it..... If you even need to....

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr-farkling-ii/51906-couple-mods.html

Thanks, all! I applied a set of the reflective stickers yesterday, and while a great improvement does not reach the area of the kick marks. I'll try some Lemon Pledge, and if that doesn't do it the Plasti-Dip is an excellent idea.

If you go the Plasti-dip..... I've been told a good 10 coats is the way to get the thickness you product your looking for and help for when its time to peel off..

I'm working on the chin spoiler right now, and will move on to the bags after that....

Thanks, all! I applied a set of the reflective stickers yesterday, and while a great improvement does not reach the area of the kick marks. I'll try some Lemon Pledge, and if that doesn't do it the Plasti-Dip is an excellent idea.
If you decide to apply something after the Lemon Pledge, clean the surface first to remove the lovely L.P.. It does have a fairly protective quality that might interfere with adhering of other product.

Enjoy!

This is the way that I fixed it.

PlastiDip rules. I put Glossifier on mine also due to the added UV protection it provides.

jjskR1V.jpg

ODUnUEX.jpg

If the kick marks are on the raised edge of the un-painted area, you can use the narrow reflective tape strips that come with the wide strips. I ran them over the top of that area and provides a good guard against boot scuff.

Nice look 'perry, that'll protect the top of the bags.
Is the color black or charcoal?

--G
That is the flat black.

I'm going to be ordering some other colors to play with, since it's so cheap and it's easy enough to redo them if you don't like that color.

I've seen it done here somewhere on the forum.... but for as cheap as Plastidip is and you can peel it off later down the line - how is that not a much better product to use.... Its very durable and will take stone chips and not bother it...

I sprayed my chin spoiler under the radiator with it.... holds up great....