North Cascades Early Opening for 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisJ

Reaction score
The North Cascades Highway (Hwy 20) could be open in 4 weeks according to WA DOT press release. https://www.komonews.com/news/local/Low-snowpack-means-early-opein-296079321.html
bike.gif

As soon as my back is healed up and i have a chance to work on my core muscles I will be heading over the North Cascades and then back down through Wenatchee, Blewett and Snoqualmie. Usually a pretty ride and i've been lucky to do it when there hasn't been a lot of traffic. That will probably change now that I've mentioned it.

I'd be interested in going AllRider but feel it would better going later since there will still would be a lot of debris left over from winter, taking away some of the fun :)

Anyone up for North Cascades, Blewett, Snoqualmie trip April 3rd; provided North Cascades is open.

Some of us take care of a one year old 7 days a week so a day off is warranted. Plus, the bike hasn't been out in over a month.

Panman might be right, hopefully things turn out ok. I'd still be incline to ride if the weather is not too bad.

Wingshot, parenting is calling me for some play time :)

So far the weather predictors say a little snow over night and a little rain in the am; both should be over and gone by the time I can get there. Besides the majority of the riding is on eastside where the sun will be shunning and 60; need me some vitamin D.

Thanks Allrider for posting the link. If highway is open on Thursday, I am riding that direction. For anyone interested in riding with, the earliest I can get to the Darrington area would be 9:30 am.