I guess I'm not that hardcore...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
So some of the west has had a very, actually record-breaking warm and mild winter. Where I am in Idaho we hit 61 degrees one day in mid-february. We've had no snow on the roads for a couple of months now. It's easily warm enough to ride. There's bikes out here and there around town.

I put mine in storage after the last hurrah in late november, a blast to nevada and back. I'm mentally used to NOT riding for 3-5 months. I've been busy with other things. I love riding, but I do like the break. I could have been out much of this winter, but I've had no interest.

If the weather holds out (looks like it will) I think I'll get it out of storage and do a 2 day 800 mile ride somewhere next weekend. I'll probably be wondering why I didn't do it sooner... If I make a firm plan now, that will guarantee a snowstorm
smile.png

Spud, Spud, Spud...

With me, the itch never goes away, just gets worse when it can't be scratched. I rode in December, once in January, three times in February and once so far in March - 1,000 miles. Go pound out 800 miles this weekend (rain on Sunday?) and you'll have the old bike libido back. But, yeah, let us know if you make a"firm plan." That will mean that old March blizzard is on its way.

I got out of the hospital after a 3 month stay in February 2013. Since then we've ridden at least once in every month up until this past December. Like you Spud we've had good riding weather here in Montana to start off the year. Even tried an unsuccesful flying link-up with Big Sky in Feb. We've been out three times in the past week and hope to get out tomorrow. So, ya, get out there and ride. Over our way it looks like a couple of days of crappy weather starting Sunday... maybe even a touch of snow.

Less than 20% chance of rain all weekend along the Gulf Coast (Amen!!!!). Temps will be upper 50's in the morning, rising to the mid 70s.

You can bet your arse I'll be riding the big blue girl!

P.S. - awesome shot, Billy! Damm it - I want a '14 FJR. NOW!!!

Unless there is ice on the road I ride. That said I got a lightly used 05 last January and just haven't ridden it because we have had so much rain and snow lately and I hate to get it nasty till I half to. It is clean as a pin and has been very well cared for. Next week the weather is going to be nice, I will be ridding.

Totally screwed up mild winter in the west. Although it typically rains a lot in Seattle, we've been crossing passes at will and doing all other sorts of crazy riding stuff this winter.

I've got an itch for a (extended) RTE next weekend...see if it works out!

--G

Pressed the button that makes the magic today to go on my first ride of the season. The weather has been rideably mild here for a couple of weeks, but I didn't finish putting the bike back together until yesterday.

Cloudy, but warm enough the vest didn't get plugged in -- varied from 12 to 20 C during the course of the ride.

I'd like to ride all year round, but winter provides an opportunity for unhurried thorough maintenance and some personalizing/customizing.

And then there's that mind bending rush of the first ride after three or four months of PMS
bike.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got out for the first time this year! The first ride of the year feels incredible......you guys that live in year round riding climates don't know what you are missing
bleh.gif

IMG_20150313_122222404_HDR_zpssyuwayod.jpg

forecasting another winter storm in Eastern Canada this week-end...so another few weeks before we can ride safely...Bike in sleeping in garage since late November !

Totally screwed up mild winter in the west. Although it typically rains a lot in Seattle, we've been crossing passes at will and doing all other sorts of crazy riding stuff this winter.
I've got an itch for a (extended) RTE next weekend...see if it works out!

--G
Wanna hear a 6 cylinder Kz1300, eArtist?
punk.gif

What's wrong with having other interests? There are times when my bike sits because I'm too busy doing other shit I like. IF riding my MC was the only thing I have to look forward to, I think that would be sad. If you're not riding, donot stress it. When you want to go, go...Unless the weather hoses you. Then you're supposed to sit at home and be mad that you can't ride.

HRZ, I am sure we all have other interests, but we manifest only our interest of riding on this forum.

I "could" ride here, but I always wait for some good flushing rain storms to rid the salt and sand away.

Waiting (somewhat) patiently here as I do have other hobbies in the fold that take up space.

Same for me Top_Speed1. Just yesterday the CO DOT slimed local roads with Mag Chloride in anticipation of some snowfall ... my vehicle was clean before hand, but now is as dirty again as it becomes in the deep of winter.

:(