Salmon Falls Rd. - Riding the Sierra Foothills Series.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppychow

RAWR
Reaction score
Just a small blog post about a local road. Thinking of doing some pictorial series of the kind. This would be the first of that series.

Not meant to be a definitive guide or anything remotely resembling the like (Pashnit.com is a good resource for road Intel in California). This is just for fun.

https://motorcyclewanderings.blogspot.com/2015/03/salmon-falls-riding-sierra-foothills.html

G0010384-2%20Large.jpg

Thank you for reading!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool ! A road I'm really familiar with. Did a lot of learning on that one following my buddy Peter, north then south, then repeat. Him on his VFR, me on a Virago
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the memory Sam.

Foothills are looking green and lush. I used to head out on Salmon Falls Road quite often when we lived in El Dorado Hills. I was hoping your photo essay would include the bridge over Middle Fork, and some of the more technical turns, but nice to see the old neighborhood.

Foothills are looking green and lush. I used to head out on Salmon Falls Road quite often when we lived in El Dorado Hills. I was hoping your photo essay would include the bridge over Middle Fork, and some of the more technical turns, but nice to see the old neighborhood.
Not much under my control. I set the camera to time-lapse and concentrate on riding. The camera fires when it feels like it, which is every few seconds.. Either that or I turn the camera off when there are cars in front of me. Like I said, not a definitive road guide. Just for fun..
smile.png

Cool ! A road I'm really familiar with. Did a lot of learning on that one following my buddy Peter, north then south, then repeat. Him on his VFR, me on a Virago
rolleyes.gif
Thanks for the memory Sam.
Thank you! The beauty of the FJR is that it extends your riding range so much, that you are striking further and further away for great roads. Once in a while, however, you have to re-visit and re-acquaint yourself with the classics, right in the neighborhood.

How about a wheelie once in a while Sam.
Good stuff, amazing how more open the road looks on camera.
HA! Great observation, Doug. Probably because, with any speed, that road requires total focus. In the past few months, I've done it over and back three times - once in the car and twice on the Feejer. Great road on the bike, more of an effort in the 'Baru wagon.

How about a wheelie once in a while Sam.
Good stuff, amazing how more open the road looks on camera.
Lend me the Katoom next time! :)

Yes, the ultra wide-angle lens does fool one looking at the pictures. The road looks so open and easy flowing. Not so much, in reality. Still, if you catch it on a good day, it is one of my favorite roads in the area, best of all it is 5 minutes from home.. :)

Soon we need to hook up and ride Mosquito Ridge rd out of Foresthill. I need to get my go pro out for a spin
Mmm yes, MRR! Been a while. I will bring the Strom for that one, we can cut across to Wentworth from there. Let's do it!!