Wentworth Springs Rd. - Riding the Sierras series.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppychow

RAWR
Reaction score
The second in a series of pictorial blog posts focusing on one local motorcycling road at a time. Once again presented in the context of a rider's-eye view. For reasons which will become evident as you read on - Wentworth Springs Rd is an extremely well known and popular motoring road around here.

https://motorcyclewanderings.blogspot.com/2015/03/wentworth-springs-rd-riding-sierras.html

G0130869.jpg

Thank you for reading! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayzus, Sam! Yer gonna exacerbate our population problem and its traffic impacts if you keep posting some of these local gems in March while the rest of the continent is fed the F up with winter. At least you didn't add in the Icehouse Rd. part of the usual loop. (I think an idyllic little spot I know over that way survived the fire, but not by very far. I need to get up there to see.)

Nice update on what it looks like after the King Fire. (I like the timed photo thing - really gives a sense of the road as it unfolds.) My favorite part of Wentworth is from Eleven Pines Rd. (or Uncle Tom's) to the Icehouse Rd. stop sign.

Now people, this area, and California in general, S.U.C.K.S ! Nothing to ride here, no real seasons anymore, except fire season. Too bad Sam didn't turn his head to the right at Stumpy to show us the fire devastation there, so the out-of-staters can see that there's really nothing worth seeing here.

Last edited by a moderator:
A favorite ride for me. I thought Stumpy Meadows would take a bigger hit from the King fire, but nice to see some green there. Nice lenticular clouds over the Sierra.

Stumpy Meadows seems to have survived more or less pretty well. I did turn my head for a quick look, but camera didn't fire that exact moment. I had been up there 3 weeks earlier and actually did stop. So, that file photo is attached. Not a very good picture, but you get the idea..

10865927_10203742821072243_2847266673817852188_o.jpg

Rich, we are going to run out of water here soon. We might all be moving out of here anyway. CA would just become a moto tourist destination. BYOB.