K1300 RTE in Elk Grove

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShine

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
The announced day and time had finally arrived for the grand unveiling of Ray's completed project bike, Don Carver's 1979 Kawasaki 1300. So I rode my bike over to Elk Grove to see this restored antiquity.

As I pulled into the Applebee's parking lot, Don, Tyler and Molly where on hand to greet me. And a few minutes later, this happy couple showed up. Ray and Patti had overnighted in Redding on their trek down from Oregon.

couple.jpg

And not long after Richard and Jeremy showed up to witness the spectacle as well.

jerichard.jpg

But this event wasn't just the delivery of the restored Kawasaki. Don had trailered up a pair of 1960's era BMW bikes that he'd had at the Hondarosa. These were to be the next restoration project for Ray. I figure that Ray either really loves such tedium, or else he just doesn't handle boredom very well.

bmws.jpg

One of the new project bikes actually still ran! It was fun to see Don rev the throttle causing the old Beemer to try to roll to the right. Don mentioned that the bike was not equipped with engine counter balancers.

bmwran.jpg

As part of this "coming out" celebration we shared a meal at Applebee's patio dining. Kinda reminds me of the last supper. Here everyone who was coming was seated, except for Sam (puppychow).

lastsupper.jpg

But he showed up a short while later, perhaps completing the "last supper" theme.

sam.jpg

Don removing some of Ray's excellent blocking from the trailer floor. No less than eight stout straps had secured this load.

unload1.jpg

If you look closely, you can see Ray's reflection on the finely polished gas tank.

unload2.jpg

Tyler was so excited, she just couldn't contain herself!

Hug.gif

And a very happy Don rode off into the sunset (eventually), having added a vintage steed to his small fleet to astound and inspire the Candy Butt Association.

Zoom.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts