YZF-R1M Technology coming to FJR's anytime soon?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yroundrdn

Reaction score
Wonder how long it will be before we see some of this technology for the FJR's. UBS gyro computer controlled systems, an app to tune and adjust the bike, suspension, and motor; that would be nice. The technology on this thing is crazy!

Maybe when I'm ready to part from the 05 some of these things will be on the new models.

The Gen3 already has electronic on the fly adjustable suspension, fly by wire throttle with different throttle maps - sport / touring, ABS and traction control. It basically already has integrated or a simplified 'two choice' system of many of those things the M version allows a rider to more finely tune.

Considering the regular R1 doesn't allow that stuff I think your FJR model to inspire upgrading might already be available
bike.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
How much do these systems ad to retail prices? How many of us street-riding mortals actually need them? Long term reliability is always a concern for me, not to mention a technician's ability to diagnose and repair these intricate systems, and what the repair cost will be. I'd get the extended warranty.

Mere mortals like us benefit the most from these new technologies. Because we don't all sense wheel spin or wheel lock like Rossi, we need TC and ABS more than the pros.

Kevin Cameron of Cycle World really explains the progress with technology in today's machines.

Still can't ride with total disregard for safety, but I like the cushion it gives.

Thats all fine and dandy -I'm way to old for that thang... LOL

but I really want those mirrors for the FJR

15spbk_r1m_b2_003_1.jpg

Is that the suns reflection on the mirror or are those turn signals ?

2015-yamaha-fjr1300es-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: