Finally I decided to upgrade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kebo123

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I loved my 07' FJR. When gen III came I switched directly to 13' A version - after 60.000 problem free km on my gen II. At that time in Europe A and AS version was available only - AS with el. suspension and clutchless system. I wanted from day one inverted fork and el. suspension but dealer confirm that "normal" clutch version with that features will be not available. But he did not mention that only that year...

I love my gen III A version too, did last year 20.000 km. But wanted AE (ES name in Europe). This winter I convinced my friend to buy my darling and from last Thursday brand new AE version park in my garage. Same color (magnetic bronz) and will farkle it in the same way (many people will not realize a change) but now I am happy at the end. :)

Congratulations kebo on your new bike!
smile.png

We waiting for some pictures if it is easy for you..
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you paint the fairing panels and side covers.....or do they come color matched?

That's one good looking bike! Maybe I will also upgrade mine one day. For the moment I still have only 54 k km on my 08 and the trade-in offers are miserable.

Did you paint the fairing panels and side covers.....or do they come color matched?
Top box matched too? Nice. Classy looking bike.

You've been busy. Pipes, polished wheels and raised whites on the tires? Don't think I've ever seen that on one of our bikes.

Top box matched too? Nice. Classy looking bike.

You've been busy. Pipes, polished wheels and raised whites on the tires? Don't think I've ever seen that on one of our bikes.
Top box is normal Givi V47NN and bezel on the box I painted. Also the wheels - I do not like black color on FJR rims so I painted them. Also pain quality on black wheels on gen III is somehow worse - on my '13 model after some tyre changes there were already scratches. I matched color on the wheels to '07 genII.