I Hate Black Wheels !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpdrv

Reaction score
I Hate Black Wheels... !!!! There I said it.... now it was time to do something about it...

Since I'm not a fan of the red, and I really like the Liquid Graphite, it just needed something to give it some flare.... As soon as my Blue Anodized Brake Levers came in - I knew that was the color I wanted to go with... Also kinda wanted to pay homage to the 05, since I have always love the Galaxy Blue - My Favorite color for the FJR... not exactly the same blue, but I think it came out really nice....

Bike was immediately going to get new PR4's since I don't care for the factory tires, so I figured that as long as its all apart, may as well do something different since she's all laid up for the winter months....

Took it to a good 'ol local boy here close to me, he didn't disappoint...

Squirts Customs !! Very fitting name for a paint shop, and the owners nick name is Squirt - too funny.... Awesome Guy !!

Asked him to match the anodizing on my new brake levers, and he did a fine job..

Wanted something that would be subtle but make it pop in the sunlight.

Left the Center hub and spokes black, thought it looked just fine like that.

PJF_6790_zpshlxrvlm1.jpg

PJF_6786_zpstm0kibix.jpg

Got them over to the bike shop to have the new tires slid on, tech was super careful not to scratch the new paint, which earns him a nice tip....

PJF_6791_zpsvrqa2rs5.jpg

Got some Black right angle valves from Bike Effects, they look great....

Spent the morning putting her back together....

And here's the final result...

PJF_6796_zpskx8ywo76.jpg

PJF_6795_zpsr8vfos2i.jpg

Also while she was apart, decided to take the time and Plasti-Dip the chin spoiler...

Plasti-Dip has a few grey colors, and the closest match out of the 3 I tried was the Anthracite metallic grey - ran about 8 coats of that, and finished it off with the clear... color is very close, not perfect but better then black IMO....

We'll see how she holds up....

PJF_6793_zpsobjw5nrm.jpg

don't mind the finger prints, hands were gettin grubby....

PJF_6792_zpsrzsy6h4u.jpg

Thanks guys....

I hear ya Joe.... I don't get overly emotionally attached.....

Here's one last nice shot with the bags on....

PJF_6798_zpsjr12uh45.jpg

Good job! Way to pimp that ride!

It's your bike, do what you want...

...cept a car tire. :D

I wanna see black lights and spinners next....

...just DO IT!

Ran $250.. Plus a 12 pack of Miller high life since that's his thing.. Pus in Irish and love to cook.. Brought him a bucket of my special corned beef hash type dish

Thanks guys....

[img=[URL="https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Warpdrv/PJF_6798_zpsjr12uh45.jpg%5D"]https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Warpdrv/PJF_6798_zpsjr12uh45.jpg][/URL]

I can tell...yer center stand looks almost as bad as mine...minus the rust

Thanks guys....

PJF_6798_zpsjr12uh45.jpg
DRROOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!

Makes me want to get my 13's wheel done