Another 2015 Arkansas run. May 21-24

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tango Sierra

Reaction score
Prestone and I are heading down to Harrison May 21 to ride the great roads south of there on May 22 and 23. Leaving Sun May 24 to be back home for Memorial Day. If anyone else wants to show up let me know and I'll see if we can get a discount at the Quality Inn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be there with a group of SS bikes that same weekend but staying a bit longer. Staying out of Harrison. Have fun!

I'm itching for a ride up there soon also, but I can't commit 100% right now. Motel for a night would be cool, I prefer camping however.

Memorial day weekend will be as busy as it gets up there, which isn't that bad I guess. Campgrounds and motels will be busy.

So far only two of us committed and we will be staying at the Quality Inn in Harrison. If you will be there those days and camping we can connect for the day's riding. Already have Garmin routes laid out for Friday and Saturday. This is just the beginning of a 23 day, 7,000 mile trip for me.

So far only two of us committed and we will be staying at the Quality Inn in Harrison. If you will be there those days and camping we can connect for the day's riding. Already have Garmin routes laid out for Friday and Saturday. This is just the beginning of a 23 day, 7,000 mile trip for me.
OK, now I am jealous. Spanky and I will only be on the road for 17 days.

That makes two of us. I'm trying to squeeze in a little twistie ridin' before the family vacation in june. Hopefully.

Let's just see how it plays out over here, my sweetie is having knee surgery tomorrow! So, I'm here for a while. Maybe in a couple of weeks......

Hope to see you Mike.

Bob, I'll see you & Spanky in Cedar City. This will be my first ride out west. After riding the Ozarks I'll spend Sunday, Monday & Tuesday making my way to Scottsdale where I'll rest up for a day before riding up to Cedar City on Thursday. Any chance we will be crossing paths before Cedar City?

Hope to see you Mike.
Bob, I'll see you & Spanky in Cedar City. This will be my first ride out west. After riding the Ozarks I'll spend Sunday, Monday & Tuesday making my way to Scottsdale where I'll rest up for a day before riding up to Cedar City on Thursday. Any chance we will be crossing paths before Cedar City?
Tom, We will be in following cities on the way out: Boone, NC, Canton, GA, Tupelo, MS, Texarcana, TX, Amarillo, TX, Albuquerque, NM, then on to Kanab, UT. We will be in Cedar City for the rest of the weekend.

Hope to see you Mike.
Tom, We will be in following cities on the way out: Boone, NC, Canton, GA, Tupelo, MS, Texarkana, TX, Amarillo, TX, Albuquerque, NM, then on to Kanab, UT. We will be in Cedar City for the rest of the weekend.
FIFY. Didn't want you to get lost...

Might be in Springdale that weekend, with a bunch of guys from Austin. Not sure yet.

Hope to see you Mike.
Tom, We will be in following cities on the way out: Boone, NC, Canton, GA, Tupelo, MS, Texarkana, TX, Amarillo, TX, Albuquerque, NM, then on to Kanab, UT. We will be in Cedar City for the rest of the weekend.
FIFY. Didn't want you to get lost...

Might be in Springdale that weekend, with a bunch of guys from Austin. Not sure yet.
LOL! Thanks. I have the address of the hotel to punch into the GPS, so I would have been alright!

Counting down the days. If you're interested in meeting up with the group of four of us from MN for a day ride let me know. Will be arriving next friday riding Saturday through Tuesday. Have a great one.

Our planned Saturday ride is from Harrison out AR-43 to 21 to 74 to 23 to 215 to the Oark General Store for lunch. After lunch it's south on 103 to Clarksville then 123 up to 374 to 7 and back to Harrison.

We are doing the Push Mountain route on Friday. Lets meet Friday night when you get there for dinner.

Well my plans have been turned upside down. My bride had knee surgery last week and will be on crutches for another week or 2. Our June family vacation is canceled,
sad.png
But, if the stars align just right I may be able to escape for a long weekend for some Ozark twisties. I'll just have to wait and see how she's doing that week and make a decision. She'll probably be trying to push me out the door by that time anyway.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be in Springdale from Friday night, (22nd), through Monday morning. Riding with a mixed bag of other bikes, 11 of us in total, so we are leaving for what is probably a 9 hour ride at 6 freakin' am! Lordy! Of course, all this is contingent on weather, it's supposed to rain here for the next 10 days...
uhoh.gif

Preston and I arrived in Harrison last night. Today we rode down to Hankins Country Store, then over to Mountain View for lunch and met a half dozen super sport bike riders from Dallas. Got held up for a little while on Push Mountain Road when a Med Evac helicopter was trying to land next to the road. A great day for a ride. Started out with the temps in the low 50s and later varied between 59 & 64. The rains never arrived.

More riding tomorrow and it looks like the rain will be a no show for that.

I arrived into Harrison tonight. Breakfast at some local diner then probably going south through all the good roads with lunch at magazine mountain. Sunday looks like a big storm system coming in so we will see what happens there. Going to take the ferry into Missouri another day too.