Learn BaseCamp in one day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this an agenda you developed or something you borrowed? I have specific questions about some seemingly basic functions of BaseCamp that it seems no one can or is willing to answer. Can you?

Is this an agenda you developed or something you borrowed? I have specific questions about some seemingly basic functions of BaseCamp that it seems no one can or is willing to answer. Can you?
I can probably answer them, if not, someone probably will

That is awesome! Thanks!
My pleasure. It is a good agenda.

Geeeez, I wasted 6 mos of my life when it could of been a day!?
Yes!
smile.png

I wrote it. There is an almost 100% chance that your question will be answered if you do the agenda. It does not take that long.

Some good tips in here, especially organizing My Collection. Thanks for sharing.
I think that the agenda is a good one.

That is awesome! Thanks!
My pleasure.

I wrote it. There is an almost 100% chance that your question will be answered if you do the agenda. It does not take that long.
Why don't I have an insert tool in my toolbar? I press 'I' on my keyboard and my cursor doesn't change to insert.

Same with move and 'M'.

Same with erase and 'E'.

Same with divide and 'X'.

Is my shit corrupted or defective or what? What do I need to do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the very beginning, you don't say which BaseCamp program to open. I have 2: BaseCamp and BaseCamp (2D only). Does it make a difference? Is one preferential to the other? Why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't I have an insert tool in my toolbar?
That is near the very beginning of the agenda. Right click on the toolbar and select those items that you want to see.

I don't understand. In the beginning I right clicked the toolbar and set it up EXACTLY like you said to. I went back and checked again- it is still set up EXACTLY like you said to. But I have no insert tool. Or move, erase, and divide tools. These things don't exist on my computer. WTF??

I don't understand. In the beginning I right clicked the toolbar and set it up EXACTLY like you said to. I went back and checked again- it is still set up EXACTLY like you said to. But I have no insert tool. Or move, erase, and divide tools. These things don't exist on my computer. WTF??
It has worked for countless riders with PCs that I have worked with. This appears to be a computer issue and not a BaseCamp issue. I do not know what is wrong with your computer.

Try View>Toolbars and try to set it up that way.

It alol else fails then you can access tools through the Tools menu or the keyboard shortcuts

pg 10, step 6 had me totally lost. I "make sure the Temp folder is selected". The contents are shown in the lower pane as described. But I can't use that data to pick a waypt on a map. Then I figure out using the pop-up box that folders cannot be used. I must use a list. Whew! You led me astray there.

Maybe it's not very important to you but to me definitions are not interchangeable. If you say to select a folder, I select a folder. When it doesn't work, which it doesn't, I think again, WTF?? Why doesn't my shit work?

When I do View>Toolbar I get EXACTLY the same results as I do when I right click the toolbar.

pg 10, step 6 had me totally lost. I "make sure the Temp folder is selected". The contents are shown in the lower pane as described. But I can't use that data to pick a waypt on a map. Then I figure out using the pop-up box that folders cannot be used. I must use a list. Whew! You led me astray there.
Maybe it's not very important to you but to me definitions are not interchangeable. If you say to select a folder, I select a folder. When it doesn't work, which it doesn't, I think again, WTF?? Why doesn't my shit work?

When I do View>Toolbar I get EXACTLY the same results as I do when I right click the toolbar.
I just tried it as written and it worked fine for me. It also has worked as written for the 100 folks that I have taught this to.

Easy Ed, this is F-I-N-E work, amigo. Well done, and Thank You!

...and will be watching the Mac side too. For now, Windows 7 via Parallels on Mac

I just tried it as written and it worked fine for me. It also has worked as written for the 100 folks that I have taught this to.
Really? When I attempt to use the Temp LIST FOLDER, BaseCamp pops up an error saying, "You have a list folder selected. List folders contain and organize lists of data, but can't contain the data themselves. Please select or create a list in Temp to put your data."

So- are you selecting the Temp LIST FOLDER, as the agenda says to or are you selecting the Temp LIST as BaseCamp tells me to?

This was on of my major sticking points in trying to learn BaseCamp that E.Ed has been helpful in clearing up. That little word difference, LIST FOLDER vs. LIST, makes all the difference whether BaseCamp works or not. I never understood that before.