Share a nice experience after getting the bike out of storage.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rrarthur

Reaction score
I store my bike in my shop in the basement over the winter. It started right up and I took it out for a little run tonight. I recently bought a KLR and have been riding that while the streets were still a bit salty. It was nice to get back on the FJR. The KLR is a great bike to mess around on, and I like the upright seating, and being able to ride where I would rather not take the FJR.

I had previously thought hard about a goldwing, but folks on this forum discouraged me. I had the pleasure of riding with a good friend tonight who recently bought a goldwing. We swapped bikes for a little bit. My impression was it rode more like a scooter, the Burgman came to mind, very laid back and comfortable. It felt very low to the ground kind of like riding a recumbent bike. The goldwing's weight did dissapear and it was very docile in it's handling. After the ride I got on the FJR and was glad I had made the decision to keep the FJR.

I know 10 minutes isn't long enough to form a full opinion, but for me it's not what I was looking for in what I am looking for in my ride.

I just thought I would share, and thank the people who let me know, since I only ride one up I would appreciate the FJR a bit better, I think they were right.