My 2015 CBA Certification Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
Forget Mexico, it is for Jam Tarts on BMW's. It was time for a manly ride into the wilds of the Great White North to see if I could run over a Polar Bear.

This ruckus ride started off with me suiting up with my new Safe & Warm jacket, pants, socks and gloves to ward off the Polar Vortex coming down from the North Pole. I turned the dual stage remote controller knobs to 11 and set off on my quest.

OK, so it was 12oC (54oF) and all the snow was gone except those flakes hiding in the woods. Everyone had pulled their bikes out of storage since this was one of the first nice days we had this year. No one had turned a wheel since last October so the roads were full of bikes today, even girly man BMW riders.....

DSC_0280-L.jpg

I think I had gone 10 kilometers at this stage so my candy butt needed a break. I stopped in at the Newcastle Boat Launch....

DSC_0279-L.jpg

If you squint you can see some icebergs in the river floating out to sea. You can also see a little bit of snow left where the sun can't get directly to it.

There was a little more ice & snow out at the breakwall....

DSC_0284-L.jpg

The fishermen on the left weren't catching any pickerel or as you Yanks like to call them Walleye so there was not much sense in hanging around. I did have a harrowing experience when the local wildlife took exception to the presence of the FJR....

DSC_0282-L.jpg

Goose poop is slippery.

Riding further away from civilization I came upon a different form of wildlife....

DSC_0285-L.jpg

The boys had been riding in what we locals call Warren's Play Area. The mud would have given a BMW rider a heart attack. The boys were calling it a day.

We continued along the lakeshore finally obtaining our goal for the day, cheap (by Canadian standards) gas in Port Hope. With the gas tank full it was now time to turn back from this trek and find some nourishment after such an arduous adventure.

I stopped in at a store that sells various pies, cakes and cheeses but the brownie was nondescript and the coffee watered down. I should have gone to Timmy's.

I got sucked in by this sign...

DSC_0287-L.jpg

Why would anyone want to buy a Mad Monkey? I needed to find the answer.

The final tally according to Mr Zumo was an astounding 71.8 kilometers (46 miles)...

CBA%20Certification%20Ride-L.png

In keeping with the guidelines set out in the Candy Butt Association Charter, this ride report took longer to write than it did to ride the route.

The End.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you've covered all the bases there. Don't see how the authorizing committee can turn down that application.

Candy Butt Association
approved.gif

Ride and Report!

Good job Bill of the North! You would be proud of me too... see my ride yesterday, it was a stellar CBA day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this, I was having a crappy day at work, took a coffe break and decided to peruse the forum.... and got to spit out my coffee! Thanks for the smile!

46 whole miles, eh? (little Canadian lingo there!)

I say it beats staying home. Ride on, brother!