Is it just me? Gen 3 easier to center stand?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

15wannabe

Reaction score
Howdy folks, thia is going to sound crazy, but I swear it's true! I just got my new '15 FJR ES the other week . This is my 3rd FJR....I had an '04 for a few years, then an '07 for 8 yrs. Each bike bought brand new. Believe it or not, the '15 is much easier to put on the center stand than the other bikes ever were. Any body else notice an improvement?!

I have the same experience, and posted so back in Jan 13. Easier to get up on center stand is just one of many improvements

I lowered my 14 and I can still get it on the centre stand almost easily. My lowered 06 was impossible to lift without the 2x4 trick.

I have tried the tricks others have posted but my '06 is still a PITA to get on the centre stand.

Worst bike I have ever had for that!

Now the BMW LT1200 I rented had a sweeeeet electric centre stand :)

I have tried the tricks others have posted but my '06 is still a PITA to get on the centre stand.Worst bike I have ever had for that!

Now the BMW LT1200 I rented had a sweeeeet electric centre stand
smile.png
No trick to it. Just use your leg. The thigh is one of the strongest muscle groups in the human body -- it's used for walking, running, and standing, and that's what you use to put the bike on the stand.

Secure your left hand on the left hand grip to keep bike oriented straight, right hand grasping the provided hand hold at left of the frame beside the passenger seat; Keep your back straight, place right foot on stand lever, push down and make sure both stand feet contact the ground;

Do NOT lift up or rearwards with your arms, shoulders or back!

PUSH down with your right leg.

smile.png

My 2015 is many times easier to get up on the center stand than my 08 was...with or without beer...makes no difference. BUT it is just as difficult to get off of the center stand. It's almost like the bike is lighter, but I know it's not....has to be that rear tire. And yes, I am much stronger than I was in 08!!!!

My first FJR, but it takes about 1/3 the effort to center stand it versus the BMW it replaced.

The replies in posts # 2, 3 & 11 are correct, possibly others; I did not read all.

I noticed the improvement right away after buying my '14. The entire bike, it would seem, was massaged front to back resulting in a far better motorcycle. I've often been disappointed when going to view/buy a new and improved model car or motorcycle. This is NOT one of those times. There's nothing mind jarring in the improvements, but no one is going to feel their hard-earned cash was wasted.

The first time I put the 14 on the center stand in the garage, it popped up so fast it slid backwards on the stand about a foot, and scared the bejeezus out of me!