Another IBA Pre-Approved Ride in June

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STGUY

Reaction score
Lake Huron SS1K

We usually get a group of 20-30 riders, but it's not a big group ride and a nice mix of ages & bikes and maybe some passengers, too. This ride starts & ends in Imlay City on Saturday June 27th. Got at least one FJR ( from Canada ) registered, so far. Need more !! Check out the link !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great route. If I was 2,000 miles closer I'd be in.
How about some pictures and a ride report after the ride?
Will do. Until then, here is a link to a really nice write-up that one of the riders last year did after the Lake Superior ride. BTW, we had a FJR rider from CT. On that ride he rode another 1K miles ( each way ) to the Soo for the start.

Should be a great ride. Did Superior last year and will likely do the Great Lakes Gold Challenge later this year.
Peter
Go for it !! Or, if you can wait until 2016 , I am planning a Great Lakes SS3K Ride . This would count as an "Extreme" ride towards the Mile Eater Silver and Mile Eater Gold Certificate. Check out the Route :
GRTLKSSS3KCCW.jpg

SS3K !!!! That route looks great. If my experience at the SS1K Lake Huron goes well, then I may just have to participate in this one. Not to mention it goes by my city..... ;)

I posted about this ride a couple of months ago and Bungie offered some great tips there. Not sure how to link it though.

FYI - We had 23 Riders and 3 Pillions depart Imlay City on the ride and another 13 Riders started at other locations along the route near their home.

We had some rain during the first hour and last 15 minutes of the ride, but mostly almost perfect weather.

Ishii on his Burgman 400 had the second highest overall average speed !! That dude stops quick !!

One Rider terminated due to a wardrobe failure ( split seam in his jacket ). Hi socks were even soaked, he said.

Everyone else finished within 24 hours and there will be 30 new IBA numbers issued.

We had 53 Riders and 2 Pillions start the Yooper Madness II SS1K. ALL Riders and passengers finished within 24 hours and two Riders, after taking a break in St. Johns, MI ( the ending location ) did another 508 miles to complete a BB1500 ( > 1,500 miles in < 36 hours ) .

32 new IBA numbers will be issued. That's a great number, IMHO.