Givi E52 or E55?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnspot

Who Me?
Reaction score
After years of running with a rack, I think I'm going to take a step towards a top case...the only problem is that I'm a top case newb and I can't decide on whether I want the E52 or E55. Some comments at Revzilla seem to indicate the E55 may have a quality control issue, but it is a nice case.

Honest opinions on either? I plan to pick up the case-specific Admore kit, so I'm guessing I wouldn't need any Givi lights correct? Gloss or matte finish? I would expect either of these to hold my XL Neotec right?

Yes, I'm going to use the SR357 frame kit.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with the 55. Two helmets will fit very nice. Go big or go home I say. What kind of QC issues was the 55 having? I got the Admore kit as well. I'm happy with the setup.

IMG_3217.jpg

I have the E52 on both my 06 and now 14 FJRs. Had Admore lightkit in both. Really liked the case/light combo. The E52 is just the right size for me. I put my backpack in it daily when going to work and then jacket goes it when I get to work. My full face Schubert C3 does fit in the E52 but is usually stored in side bag.

Bigger is always better (Damn it, we're Americans). I settled for a 53 when I found it new in the right color for $275. I'd rather have had the 55. I always feel like I struggle to get a helmet in the 53. I have to set it in just right or the lid hits the top of the helmet.

I also bought the E55 Tech like MedPilot shows above. Haven't convinced myself to spend the mony on the Admore light kit, yet. That just seems to be a lot of money for not a lot of materials.

I went with the 55. Two helmets will fit very nice. Go big or go home I say. What kind of QC issues was the 55 having? I got the Admore kit as well. I'm happy with the setup.
IMG_3217.jpg
How come that white floor has no tire marks?

What kind of finish is that?

E55 matte black. I've had both, E55 has just a tab bit more room, but IMHO makes a difference worth going larger. First E52 was color matched so had to sell it when I upgraded, hindsight tells me that matte black would've been the correct choice to keep it for the next acquisition.

I'd buy whichever one looks better to you (they do look very different!). I have the E52 with the Admore kit, and it works for me.

I rode bikes with no topcase or a tiny topcase (police bike radio box) for years. Now that I have a topcase, I can't make myself take it off, even though it only takes 5 seconds. I have an E55 with an SR357 mount. Case has no defects whatsoever. I chose the pre-lighted givi case, and set it up to be self contained so the LED lights run off a battery. I chose the matte finish. I have never wished for a smaller case, looks or function wise. I am happy with the performace of the case.

After years of running with a rack, I think I'm going to take a step towards a top case...the only problem is that I'm a top case newb and I can't decide on whether I want the E52 or E55. Some comments at Revzilla seem to indicate the E55 may have a quality control issue, but it is a nice case.
Honest opinions on either? I plan to pick up the case-specific Admore kit, so I'm guessing I wouldn't need any Givi lights correct? Gloss or matte finish? I would expect either of these to hold my XL Neotec right?

Yes, I'm going to use the SR357 frame kit.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of QC issues was the 55 having?
I've seen a few comments at Revzilla and elsewhere talking about the latching mechanism being fiddly...either breaking, sticking, or popping open. One guy complained about dust/water intrusion. All for the Tech version. It does look great though and I'm leaning that direction.