The Most Comfortable Seat in the World !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twigg

Just an old, bald man!
Reaction score
When I bought my FJR it was already blessed with a Russell seat. This was a plus, because the bike I sold had a similar seat that I had just squandered over eight hundred bucks on, so I was pleased to not be losing out too much.

This one has the velour covering, with holes handily covered with some particularly tenacious tape I bought. I wanted to get the seat rebuilt, but couldn't get a production date in time so it's a job for next winter.

DSCN0177-L.jpg

I didn't like the seat much when I first had it. It felt not right, although it is hard to put my finger on why. I worried about it all the way from Tulsa to Denver, but the fears were unfounded. I then sat on it for more-or-less 30 straight hours, up hill and down dale as the bike and I criss-crossed Colorado having a 1400 mile blast.

So next weekend it will get another 4000 miles in about 4 days, and this summer might see 5000 miles in 5 days including a Coast-to-Coast 50.

Hopefully the tape will hold up
smile.png

I will not replace the velour. When it is rebuilt it will be covered in vinyl, probably half-moon pattern. It's kinda neat having a worn-out Russell seat, even if I didn't do most of those miles :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is that total, about 11.5 gallons? 450-500 miles?
Aux tank is 4 gallons. In the real world it usually delivers 3.5 gallons for a total of 10.1 gallons useable. That's in the region of 400 miles.

In practise I rarely go much further than 250 miles before filling up. While the aux tank means I could go much further, what it really does is simply remove all need to be hunting for gas, and worrying if I will find gas when I need it. It means I can always use every drop in the main tank, and I would have to try quite hard to actually run out :)

It looks like an able butt-hammock, but if you say it's the most comfortable in the world, that's all that matters.

Enjoy!