T-Minus One Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 2012 FJR1300 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow - Wednesday, April 22. Many thanks to Charlie Thompson in Littleton CO for the opportunity to purchase this great bike. I'll post some pics as soon as possible. I am very happy to be joining the FJR team and look forward to putting many, many miles on this outstanding machine.

Enjoy the bike. If it hasn't had a fluid change in the past year, suggest changing out the gear oil in the rear and the engine oil/filter. That way you know you have new lubrication and when it was done. If you can, check the throttle body calibration as well (if the previous owner never did)...especially if it's running rough. Might want to ask previous owner if throttle bodies were ever balanced. Check your tire inflation regularly for safety and equally important for proper tire wear/traction. Get yourself a service manual for your model...will come in very handy many times during the tenure of your ownership. And let me be a safety Sam by saying wear all the gear, all the time. Have fun and ride safe!

Welcome aboard Mr Pilgrim
smile.png

Hey Pilgrim, way da go ! You have purchased a well storied brand. I am on my 3rd FJR, and I can assure you, this model is approaching perfection.Enjoy yer ride there Pilgrim and many safe miles to ya!

Ride it down to my place Saturday. I am hosting a Tech day. We can look over the new steed. I am in King George. PM me if interested and I will give you the details.

Intech is just about 90 miles away from you Pilgrim. There is some serious knowledge in that crowd. That would be a great way to start your time with the new bike.

jerry.gif
Now as Paul Harvey use to say, "And now for the rest of the story (and Pictures)".

Intech is just about 90 miles away from you Pilgrim. There is some serious knowledge in that crowd. That would be a great way to start your time with the new bike.
jerry.gif
Now as Paul Harvey use to say, "And now for the rest of the story (and Pictures)".
I agree, they know their stuff...don't let those stupid grins and idiotic comments throw ya. There's some real FJR knowledge there.

jerry.gif
I agree, they know their stuff...don't let those stupid grins and idiotic comments throw ya. There's some real FJR knowledge there.
Thanks for the votes of confidence!

Congrats Pilgrim!

Great color choice and bike...you won't be disappointed! Echoing the above, take advantage of Tech Days and the collective knowledge here. Lots of tips and tricks have been learned over the years.

--G

Congratulations on a beautiful bike! Take up the offer to attend the Tech Day, I think you'll really enjoy it, learn some things about this wonderful bike, and meet some inmates. All the best!

Welcome to the Forum, AnotherPilgrim. Hope your weather allows some riding this weekend!

Welcome to the forum AnotherPilgrim! I'm just west of you in Ashburn.

If all goes to according to plan, I'll be headed down to Intech's gathering on Saturday shortly after noon-ish.

Ray

The bike arrived yesterday, a bit dusty but otherwise in great shape. I cleaned it up, checked it out and took it for a brief ride. What a machine! I removed the peg lowering adapters this morning and adjusted the rear brake pedal - both easy changes. I'm taking a course on Saturday so I won't be able to make Intech this time but look forward to the next time. It's a really great bike and one I've wanted since I first rode one in 2006.