Knarliest Ride and/or Worst Stuck --> post pix here

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Title says it all.

I'll start with this pix of fellow forumimte RussPerry

2013-07-27%2B08.11.14.jpg

Don, I have three.

197583_10150121376094628_6118301_n.jpg

With Curly Joe and a little snow ... This is where Rich started questions about whether my folks were married.

10174846_10152393423784628_5326859933839310555_n.jpg

A friend of mines weestrom taking a little nap.

58479_430841814627_2396684_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Knarliest (geez your from Cali, isn't it spelled with a G?) was a wicked rain turning to snow in Yellowstone in May but no pics and it was pretty insane. This one, also in jellystone, had my but puckering to 11 for miles. I had no option to turn around b/c the lane going back was basically a sheet of packed snow/ice. For some reason, my lane stayed just clear enough to get me through. The smooth power of the FJR really helped as I skated across many patches of ice and kept it shiny side up....

DSCF1192_zps65eceebd.jpg

I am just a puppy, I can't run with the mad dogs in this thread.. the gnarliest part of this ride was that the storm cell was so bad, I could barely see 10-15 feet in front of me..a very bad idea to have continued on, in retrospect.

6731a0ac-3672-4a89-8a9a-a8d79feba213.jpg

Galena, Illinois.. that's a twister on the side.. 10 minutes later, not a freaking vehicle on the highway except me. Made it to MickeyD's, soaked, scared. Old man dressed like midwest farmer and wife at table across. 'You from California?' he asked?
smile.png

7.jpg

Galena, Illinois.. that's a twister on it's side.. 10 minutes later, not a freaking vehicle on the highway except me. Made it to MickeyD's, soaked, scared. Old man dressed like midwest farmer and wife at table across. 'You from California?' he asked?
smile.png
7.jpg
That sir, is an AMAZING photo!

This was at the end of a BB1500, a little worse for wear

32.jpg

This was the road in daylight (it was still dusk when i dropped it so I'm not totally stupid...)

CIMG1164.jpg

Although I think the worst ride I've ever had was following Gary (GPRider) up to Erueka Springs for SFO and riding next to a tornado. Visibility went to about 5 feet from the rain and the wind nearly took us off the road. We knew it was a tornado because the roof of a barn we had passed blew off about five minutes after we passed it. It landed in the road and blocked trafffic for a while. It had been drug into the field next to the road the next day.

I wouldn't call it gnarly -dude- but I rode to work in 4 inches of snow on my XS850. It wasn't bad so it really doesn't count.

I don't really have gnarly rides, but I did have a ride in October where Murph and I rode through 6 inches of rain to get to Arkansas for the AAD500. Not gnarly -dude- but unpleasant. 36 degrees and SOAKING wet through and through. Found better rain gear next riding season. They were calling for flash floods and such...we found one...

...and if that ain't good enuf for ya, then...

From the rim looking down at the mining settlement of La Bufa and 1st crossing of Rio Batopilas.

1090631744_ies8W-L.jpg

A lot of you don't know that Scott - fjrrider was the very first Submarine Commander in the Austrian Navy!

Seconds after this photo was taken, this KTM was submerged in 3' of water; took 2 days to repair it! Texans, eh!

1090637334_qChQj-L.jpg

rushes - Arkie Goober Numero Uno!. Russ was laughing so hard at Scott and I he swallowed his plug of tobacco! JSNS, yes-haw!

100_0213.jpg