Truck Trip Report 5,200 miles Wife, Dog and I, all lived.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice trip. I will have to give you a call for some sight seeing hot spots information before the wife and I depart for SW-FOG. We will be leaving ND on the 23 and will be spending a few days goofing around Prescott, Sedona area in Northern AZ & Southern Utah area before arriving in Cedar City Thursday the 28th.

Awesome pics and scenery John!

Glad you brought your daughter along! ;)

IMG_20150409_191725262_HDR.jpg

Cool! Enjoyed.
Now...

HOW'D YOU DO DAT?????
"DAT"?
The selfie, the trip, the photo essay thingy or survive?

My phone backs up all my photos to my google account. I leave the location on the photos, google does some ffing magic and sends me an email which tells me my trip report is ready to view. Damdest thing, you can edit the trip, add and delete photos, add captions and locations then save and link to the report like I did here.

I have no skill, its just ffing magic!

Last edited by a moderator:
How much does your camper weigh?

I'm sure the eco-boost pulled it without strain. How was your fuel mileage?

Enjoyed the photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much does your camper weigh?
I'm sure the eco-boost pulled it without strain. How was your fuel mileage?

Enjoyed the photos.
Camper right at 5,500#, more importantly it has 56 sq ft of frontal area.

Gas mileage for the 5200 miles was 10.5 mpg, that includes maybe 400 in hitched miles. Tank by tank towing mileage ranged from 8.5 to 11.7 all headwind dependent. Generally drove 65mph in tow/haul mode with cruise set, tranny in drive.

Mileage when not towing was 20.5 mpg.

Truck pulled the trailer effortlessly.

I'm really pleased, better mileage than my Ridge line and able to maintain 65 mph up and down hill. Win win win.

Cool! Enjoyed.
Now...

HOW'D YOU DO DAT?????
"DAT"?
The selfie, the trip, the photo essay thingy or survive?

My phone backs up all my photos to my google account. I leave the location on the photos, google does some ffing magic and sends me an email which tells me my trip report is ready to view. Damdest thing, you can edit the trip, add and delete photos, add captions and locations then save and link to the report like I did here.

I have no skill, its just ffing magic!
Photo essay thing...

Makes ya looks very skilled.

I miss our little camper...

Nice, now you need to do it on your FJR!! Excellent stats re: tow vehicle.
Festar and I will hit all the SW Utah spots on our way to SWFOG next month.

The Grey Ghost and I have covered all those other roads at least once. Festar and I got the majority last summer.

Don't mean to say I won't go back and reride the bulk of them though.