Took a little trip this weekend.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunhamg

Reaction score
Headed from Iowa out to southern CA this past weekend for a work trip and this is what we woke up to on Saturday morning. Didn't have much choice to throw the FJR in my buddies truck on get down a ways to dry roads, we had to go about 45 miles to be safe, and make sure I could get rolling and be in Hesperia and be ready for work this morning.

I guess I don't see how to add a picture from my iPad. Anyways it was snowing pretty good with a few inches on the ground. This was in west central WY and I didn't see another bike on the road until south of Salt Lake City.

Good thing for the electrics yesterday. I didn't turn them off until I hit St. George. I met a lot of bikes headed north on I-15, there must have been some event this weekend.

Grady

No snow out west, you are good to go!
Yep, no issue getting here now just hope the weather cooperates for the ride home next week. I'll be watching the weather to decide on which route I end up taking. Got to love getting paid to ride.

Grady

Hit snow north of Torrey on Saturday Bug...wasn't on bike (wish I was) but it would've been a
cold.gif
trip!

Beware of those higher elevations.

--G

Hit snow north of Torrey on Saturday Bug...wasn't on bike (wish I was) but it would've been a :cold: trip!

Beware of those higher elevations.

--G
Where is Torrey at? Only thing I found was by San Diego, doubting you hit snow too close to there. It was definitely a cold trip last weekend but I was pretty well prepared for it. Heated grips with "hippo hand" covers kept the fingers toasty. Heated jacket liner and heated pants to keep the core temp up and a helmet gaiter to seal up my helmet. I only had 6 layers on the bottom and 5 layers on top :) , but I stayed pretty comfy the entire trip. I did get a few strange looks coming over the pass into SLC.

Grady