trip advice Europe: La Rochelle - Bordeaux -Bilbao

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enn

Reaction score
I am planning to spend a week with my wife on the bike around these places in France and Spain in early June. Anybody been there and can advise must-see/ride places? Also good accommodation ideas are mostly welcome. All suggestions will be highly appreciated.

In Spain, you can't go wrong with the Paradores. While generally they're not for the budget consicous, I have seen them offering decent rates recently. Mostly old castles, monasteries, and other significant historic buildings that have been completely renovated. The ones I've stayed at offered excellent food as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can add is .... go to Barcelona.

Go to the Romblas. Drink some sangria. Eat Tapas.

Enjoy!!!

All I can add is .... go to Barcelona.
Go to the Romblas. Drink some sangria. Eat Tapas.

Enjoy!!!
Yep, Barcelona and Ramblas are great places for sure, been there several times. This time, though, is a target to discover Northern Spain.

In Spain, you can't go wrong with the Paradores. While generally they're not for the budget consicous, I have seen them offering decent rates recently. Mostly old castles, monasteries, and other significant historic buildings that have been completely renovated. The ones I've stayed at offered excellent food as well.
will keep that in mind, many thanks for advice

We went to La Rochelle about 8 years ago. The port area was nice with plenty of restaurants selling fresh seafood platters. There's an island just off of La Rochelle called Ile De Re that you can get to by a long road bridge and that's a nice place to spend some time. Google it.

While still very good, be aware they are changing, for example we stayed at one in Salamanca that no longer has a restaurant, though still serves a buffet breakfast. We found this out when we stayed there during a tour in Spain earlier this year.

Last edited by a moderator: