Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RC65

Reaction score
Deleted. Sorry -- I posted to the wrong board. Reposted in correction location @ FJR Specific board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard any rumors on the color for the 2016 model? I'm looking at very possibly moving to a FJR1300 from my current ride, and while I *think* I like the red of the 2014 and the graphite of the 2015 (though I typically like a bit more color), I'm torn whether to hold off until 2016 and see the new offering, especially given that I've not yet decided to make the change...though I'm certainly leaning heavily in that direction. Either way, I'm not really in such a hurry that I can't wait for another riding season. I'd hate to settle for a red or graphite if burnt orange (yes, that's my hope for 2016) is just around the corner...something along these lines of the pics below.

'Course, I know not everyone likes orange as much as I do, and I do wonder if it would even be used, given that Yamaha only does one color per model year and, as such, one that is potentially divisive and could alienate part of their consumer market wouldn't be too wise. A neutral (gray, black, white) or safe (blue, red, green) color would probably be seen as a smarter choice.

UQ_640.jpg
7affea80d9f211e2832b12313809eda0.jpg
2009_kawi_30.jpg

The French are getting cannelle fraîche with is VERY close to burnt orange...I believe it translates to fresh cinnamon.

There is, of course, a long-standing program with Yamaha to import French FJRs to the U.S. called the Priority Delivery Program II where you can go to the dealer, deposit $600, and they deliver your bike about a week after they announce the 2016 models.

Yamaha's one of those rare companies that discloses details about their European colors months before they release the new North American models. You just have to game the system a little. ;)

Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem is w/ the link, as the post in the correct section seems to have been deleted after my fix. Rather than try to repost again with pics, etc., I'll just keep it simple this time: Just wondering if burnt orange is in the rumor mill for 2016.

EDIT: Looks like the mod was kind enough to copy-and-paste it here...thanks.
smile.png

Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem is w/ the link, as the post in the correct section seems to have been deleted after my fix.
No, you were just click happy. Your thread was moved to its new home and you tried posting the thread again instead of viewing it's proper place of NEPRT.
wink.png
Click-happy chunks merged.

I heard we were going to get 4 color choices and the choice of the run of the mill inline 4 or the long awaited v 8 with either a 6 or 7 speed trans.

I know it's way early but Zilla told me he's seen proof.

I heard we were going to get 4 color choices and the choice of the run of the mill inline 4 or the long awaited v 8 with either a 6 or 7 speed trans.I know it's way early but Zilla told me he's seen proof.
I have, but shuddddddup. We can't to telling everyone the 2016 color is going to be 'womb" for everything but the V8. That's going to be orange and black and be loud as fuck, in an effort to save some lives!

Your thread was moved to its new home and you tried posting the thread again instead of viewing it's proper place of NEPRT.
Yes, I now see the purpose of this page: "Users can't create topics here, but if they get moved here....it's a subject that's been talked about many times before, is pointless, and/or keeps recurring." Based on its move here and the above responses, this is clearly a topic that has come up before...if not for 2016, probably for years previous. Sorry 'bout that. The answer I take it, then, is 'no, no rumor mill exists about next year's color.'

My apologies for flogging this apparently dead horse. I'll go back to lurking until / if I get the FJR and have something less tired and worn to ask.
blushing.gif

Your thread was moved to its new home and you tried posting the thread again instead of viewing it's proper place of NEPRT.
Yes, I now see the purpose of this page: "Users can't create topics here, but if they get moved here....it's a subject that's been talked about many times before, is pointless, and/or keeps recurring." Based on its move here and the above responses, this is clearly a topic that has come up before...if not for 2016, probably for years previous. Sorry 'bout that. The answer I take it, then, is 'no, no rumor mill exists about next year's color.'
My apologies for flogging this apparently dead horse. I'll go back to lurking until / if I get the FJR and have something less tired and worn to ask.
blushing.gif
No problem buddy...stick around and post up. Go to a few meets. You'll meet some of the best people on an FJR. They might be really old, but if you speak up sonny boy, they can be pretty friendly.

Just released, 2016 Colors have gone mad! (mod?)

Lots of choices now, including some just for the ladies!

Burnt (it up) Orange

orange_zps6bdhn9c4.jpg

Titanic Teal

aqua_zpsbppecazc.jpg

Green Delabararo

kawi_green_zpscp4xo6i3.jpg

Austic Metallic

greenish_zpsuhtuipzs.jpg

Magenta Movement

magenta_zpswz6k0rp9.jpg

Anniversary Gold

gold_zpslksiuwic.jpg

Medium Bleu

med_blue_zpsc2ghuedx.jpg

Purple Rain

viking_purple_zpst3vyfhjm.jpg

And yes, I'm a computer nerd ;)

Man, the way this was going I started getting all excited. I thought it was Friday already!

Some of those colors make me want to salve my eyes and go get the 2015 graphite before Yamaha sees this thread and thinks they're a good idea!

Just released, 2016 Colors have gone mad! (mod?)
Lots of choices now, including some just for the ladies!

Burnt (it up) Orange

orange_zps6bdhn9c4.jpg

Titanic Teal

aqua_zpsbppecazc.jpg

Green Delabararo

kawi_green_zpscp4xo6i3.jpg

Austic Metallic

greenish_zpsuhtuipzs.jpg

Magenta Movement

magenta_zpswz6k0rp9.jpg

Anniversary Gold

gold_zpslksiuwic.jpg

Medium Bleu

med_blue_zpsc2ghuedx.jpg

Purple Rain

viking_purple_zpst3vyfhjm.jpg

And yes, I'm a computer nerd
wink.png
Wow! It's like HotWheels all over again!

Status
Not open for further replies.