Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

want2ride

Reaction score
I have noticed that my right mirror is blurry from vibration at speed while the left one is rock steady. Does anyone else have this on their bike. Is it something that can be fixed? Minor issue but enquiring minds want to know.

The bolts holding your mirror to the bike are coming loose (one or both).

I can't remember if I used loc-tite or not.....

Last edited by a moderator:
No drops or hits to that mirror? IF the bolts are tight, check the stay it is attached to

is it only at certain speeds? the mirrors are great, except like all things they will resonate at a certain frequency. If you hit that resonant frequency, it's gonna vibrate a bit.

Definitely make sure everything's tight and pivot the mirror outward some.

Little bit of buzz on the RH mirror for whatever reason, is normal though. My '04 & '06 had the buzz, my smooth '09 is clear.

YMMV

--G

It is good to know this is not just my bike. I have checked the mirrors and they are on tight. I thought it was odd for just one side to have the noticeable vibration in above 45-50. Just needed to check with the gurus on the forum. Thank you for the input.

Take the time to make the change to the FZ1 mirrors..... It well worth the way better view...

You'll wonder why you hadn't changed them earlier....

Take the time to make the change to the FZ1 mirrors..... It well worth the way better view...
You'll wonder why you hadn't changed them earlier....
High five on that suggestion. You will be amazed how much more you will see beyond your elbows. Get the genuine Yamaha FZ1 mirrors not the Chinese knock-offs!!

Take the time to make the change to the FZ1 mirrors..... It well worth the way better view... You'll wonder why you hadn't changed them earlier....
High five on that suggestion. You will be amazed how much more you will see beyond your elbows. Get the genuine Yamaha FZ1 mirrors not the Chinese knock-offs!!
Yea, who the heck buys those Chinese knock offs. Always go straight to the FZ1 mirrors. Anyone who tries to go cheap is an idiot. Trust me I know a guy who went cheap. He is a moron. I think his wife is blonde in his avatar. Dufus!!!

My elbows are perfectly clear in both mirrors, at any speed or rpm. Anybody got pics of FZ1's on an FJR?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stock mirrors gave me 50% visibility. FZ1 mirrors gave me 100% visibility. I don't know how or why you guys use your stock mirrors. Could be a consequence of my manly man shoulders I guess.

Stock mirrors gave me 50% visibility. FZ1 mirrors gave me 100% visibility. I don't know how or why you guys use your stock mirrors. Could be a consequence of my manly man shoulders I guess.
Well, as some guy opined the other day, "Waaah, they're ugly and don't match the color of my bike." I don't get that. They're black, and I have never been asked by anyone anything about them being aftermarket mirrors or why they don't match.

I guess for some, the ability to know what is going on behind us is way more important that what someone might think about how my bike looks. Personally, I like the way they look, and I would NEVER go back to OEM mirrors after having the view I have now. Yamaha should have just saved time and made the FZ1 mirrors OEM on the FJR to begin with.

Well, as some guy opined the other day, "Waaah, they're ugly and don't match the color of my bike." I don't get that. They're black, and I have never been asked by anyone anything about them being aftermarket mirrors or why they don't match.

I guess for some, the ability to know what is going on behind us is way more important that what someone might think about how my bike looks. Personally, I like the way they look, and I would NEVER go back to OEM mirrors after having the view I have now. Yamaha should have just saved time and made the FZ1 mirrors OEM on the FJR to begin with.
Since I broke a mirror, considering the FZ1 switch.

Are all FZ1 mirrors black? (That would be good since my 2009 is black)

Where is a good place to purchase OEM FZ1 mirrors?

Thanks. -Glen

https://www.autozone.com/safety-and-security/blind-spot-mirror/pilot-automotive-convex-blind-spot-mirror/31937_0_0/ X2. Gives me full 360 view including anything more than 5 feet directly behind me. A lot cheaper than a pair of FZ1 mirrors
wink.png
I had those on my stock mirrors, there is no comparison to the visibility provided by the current OEM FZ1 Mirrors installed on the Gray Ghost.

FZ1 Mirrors are "The Bomb!"

One of these days I'll make it to a tech meet and have a look-see. In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy with stock + blind spot coverage. YMMV :D